DJ Mag and Mixmag- old copies

em

Advice please-- currently have a couple of boxes in storage full of old good copies of above mags from 1999-c. 2003. Have wanted to keep them for nostalgia but need to downsize some items in storage as getting too costly to keep everything. Does anyone know if there is much of a market for these items yet?.

I had a huge pile of Mixmags from 1997 - 2005ish that i wanted rid of when I moved house, I put them job lot on ebay but they didnt go, so they all went in the bin!

Reactions: em
I had a huge pile of Mixmags from 1997 - 2005ish that i wanted rid of when I moved house, I put them job lot on ebay but they didnt go, so they all went in the bin!

well was more worried about them just being wasted as quite interesting for gleaning past dance/club history-- thx anyway :cry::(

there is (or there was?) an archive of pdfs online, and there were tens of thousands in circulation so you might struggle to generate interest on ebay (but you never know).

I think mixmag went downhill after 2000 - maybe that's when Viv Craske edited it (pick up a random copy from that era and count how many times the word 'bosh' or 'mongo' appears!) but the website has some interesting stuff these days. They obv struggled to keep up with RA, Ransom Note & co though. BITD, It was fun leafing through the record reviews in Smiths whilst you were waiting for a train - does anyone still do that?

*whilst on this, long shot but if anyone has any old copies of 'Jockey Slut' or 'Shoreditch Twat' from around the same era, I'd love to re-read them.

Reactions: em
Ive got a copy of M8 with f-u-b-a-r cd still attached..serious offers only, no time wasters:)

I've got an original copy of Ravescene 'magazine'. (It was photocopied and stapled together)

Back