Dj Fees

What kind of fees are djs on?

When you have nights like Circoloco with 15ish djs playing on anyone night, surely their layout on fees are massive? How is it sustainable?

Watching IMS here and my missus asked what kind of money are the Djs on. I couldn’t asnwer as it’s not something I know or really have thought about. At a guess, I’d say 3-6k a gig?

Dont think circoloco djs are on huge amounts as opposed to say guetta or solumon... (didmt they all used to be on a basic of 500 a night?) but they'll rake it in from the exposure. My mates were quoted 5/6k for a small club gig about 350/400 capacity from what i remember about 8/9 years ago for a proper dc10 resident which was way ott and completely unworkable.

Dont think circoloco djs are on huge amounts as opposed to say guetta or solumon... (didmt they all used to be on a basic of 500 a night?) but they'll rake it in from the exposure. My mates were quoted 5/6k for a small club gig about 350/400 capacity from what i remember about 8/9 years ago for a proper dc10 resident which was way ott and completely unworkable.
I think you’re right on the dc10 front. Isn’t it that all DJs there, regardless of who they are, get a flat fee + expenses? It’s all about getting booked to play there.

I imagine at DC10 it's a little bit less, although that said I can't imagine the likes of Seth Troxler doing it for a flat fee week in week out. He doesn't exactly need the exposure anymore.

Wouldn't surprise me if the likes of Sven and Cox are looking at 6 figures per big gig they do in Ibiza. Those 50 Euro entrance fees are going somewhere...

Those 50 Euro entrance fees are going somewhere...

See this what got me thinking about it. What’s the capacity of DC10? Would they take 100k a night on the door? Then you have staff costs, fees to the club, expenses. Just curious are the promoters making good money.

Wouldn't surprise me if the likes of Sven and Cox are looking at 6 figures per big gig they do in Ibiza. Those 50 Euro entrance fees are going somewhere...

not 6 figures no. but 5 yes. the biggest of the edm/commercial DJs reach 6 figures but not the ’underground’ ones.

ok this is more or less how it works here (or at least from what I know of)

the local club resident DJs (likes of andy baxter, graham sahara and such) usually get around 300€ a gig I think.

then the international artists normally start from about 1000€ onwards. a lot of the well-known DJs on the circuit are somewhere between 3000-6000€ depending on their level of popularity.

the top underground DJs do get more than 10k a set usually. quite a bit more in some cases.

the top commercial DJs are in another sphere and do cash in 6 figures in a lot of cases.

this is the very basics really. it but it makes a huge difference if it is a festival booking, if it is a big or a small venue they play etc... also in the US the fees are normally higher than here in europe.

and yes it is true that in a few of the very famous underground venues such as dc10 or also berghain/panoramabar the fees are really low compared to elsewhere. years ago people said they got 500€ per gig at dc10, as far as I know it has gone up but it's still a lot less than what most of the artists on the line-up would get elsewhere normally. it's rather simple: as an 'underground' DJ, if you have dc10 and/or berghain on your CV this will automatically get you future gigs. and there you can cash in. so if you get the chance to play one of either clubs it is like an investment in your DJ career rather than a way to earn quick money.

"Normal" DJs have two days per week (Friday/Saturday) to earn their money, so gigs during the week are additional business. This can be another reason for cheaper prices.

"Normal" DJs have two days per week (Friday/Saturday) to earn their money, so gigs during the week are additional business. This can be another reason for cheaper prices.

this is true, but not for midweek gigs in the ibiza season. if we are talking off-season, then yes.

I’ve been on this island 4 years , we go to a lot of the big name djs houses ,, you will be surprised to see that they don’t all live In luxury .

On the island the dj wages are terrible
And years ago where flights and accommodation were standard they are not now .

But like said before , get on the dc line up and the phone will ring .

Put a party on around the island you will be surprised the name you can book for €200

I heard in the past that Digweed occasionally now only charges the amount to cover his travel and hotel etc, depending on the size of the club... not sure if that's the case or not...

Back