DJ decks, clubbing time table

ilan316

the clubs opening time is 23:59
but most of the clubbers getting in at 2 am (thats what i heard).

when are the top DJ's getting on the decks?
is it at the opening time or few hours later?
is there a warm up dj, before the top ones?

I wouldn't want to miss my favorite DJ's
after the top money im spending

most of the top name dj's play the second slot, say from 3-4am till 6-7am (for example carl cox, sven väth, paul van dyk, armin van buuren etc).

there are also a few dj's who are playing all night long, roger sanchez for example.

and it's true, the clubs are getting busy by about 2am (this is also because people are having dinner really late in ibiza - the restaurants are still packed at midnight). i mostly arrive at around 1-1:30am, have a drink, find a nice place to dance and then LET'S GO! :twisted: :lol:

I sometimes want to shout that from the roof tops on here!

Last Sept, we missed loads of top name DJ's who we had planned to see & not one jot of difference did it make.

If they are good enough to get booked for Space or Pacha, they are going to be good enough to throw shapes to. It's about the music & the people, not the name of the person playing records. And I am far from convinced that the (Johhnyism alert) 'so called big names' are significantly better than the lesser knowns - not to the point where it makes a significant difference anyway.

most of the top name dj's play the second slot, say from 3-4am till 6-7am (for example carl cox, sven väth, paul van dyk, armin van buuren etc).

there are also a few dj's who are playing all night long, roger sanchez for example.

and it's true, the clubs are getting busy by about 2am (this is also because people are having dinner really late in ibiza - the restaurants are still packed at midnight). i mostly arrive at around 1-1:30am, have a drink, find a nice place to dance and then LET'S GO! :twisted: :lol:

But presumably everything's going to have to happen two hours earlier than usual this summer because the authorities say are going to enforce the 6am closing time.

I still can't quite believe that Ibiza now has the most draconian clubbing laws in Europe.

bah...i don't think so...the closing time was the same last year ago but i didn't hear anybody saying anything about it...
after all the clubs now have an hour more to empty their premises so i guess we might see some late closures again this year when needed;)

so the authorities going to enforce the 6am closing time.

means we should go earlier then usual to the club

But presumably everything's going to have to happen two hours earlier than usual this summer

no way.

the top shots will still play from about 3-4am, music will be out at 6:30-6:45am, club must be empty at 7 on the dot. same as it was last year (and many years before, in fact). difference to earlier years: exemptions this year will be only for openings and closings, because penalty fees are much higher now (that's my guess anyway).

i can't see ibiza's clubs being rammed by midnight - everyone will still be having dinner late!

But presumably everything's going to have to happen two hours earlier than usual this summer because the authorities say are going to enforce the 6am closing time.

I still can't quite believe that Ibiza now has the most draconian clubbing laws in Europe.

clubs were always *supposed* to close at 6:00.

i remember in 2005 hearing that they would be strict about their closing times... I never left a club before 7:00 am

I also remember reading some rule that if a club had a capacity of more than 1500 people, then they had an hour or half an hour to finish.

The main reason everyone's getting flustered is because of the 4:30 opening, not the 6:00 am closing.

no way.

the top shots will still play from about 3-4am, music will be out at 6:30-6:45am, club must be empty at 7 on the dot. quote]

which means that every top dj will have a 2-3 hr. to play :evil:

can some 1 explain me, why they enforcing the 6am closing?
has something happened last year or years before that?

which means that every top dj will have a 2-3 hr. to play :evil:

can some 1 explain me, why they enforcing the 6am closing?
has something happened last year or years before that?

i'm sure the top dj's will at least have 3hr sets still, as they had for the last few years...

regarding what happened, read through these monster threads and you'll get the picture...(really, take your time)

first part
http://www.spotlight-forums.com/showthread.php?t=41357

second part
http://www.spotlight-forums.com/showthread.php?t=52079&highlight=no+afterhours+before+noon

third part
http://www.spotlight-forums.com/showthread.php?t=54230

Last edited by a moderator:
Back