DIZZEE RASCAL + MIKE SKINNER | IBIZA ROCKS | 10/08/16

McRackin

Super Moderator
Seventh time at Ibiza Rocks for the boy in da corner...

After warming up for Rat Boy and Slaves at Ibiza Rocks' opening in june, Phil Taggart from BBC Radio 1 returned with his club night Slacker to Ibiza Rocks Bar on tuesday (with Mike Skinner as special guest) and to Ibiza Rocks Hotel on wednesday. You can catch him at both places again in two weeks.

P1310628+-+copia.JPG

Mike Skinner has played a few times at Ibiza Rocks, behind the decks and fronting The Streets. It's been five years since we got to see one of the last ever live performances by The Streets (a show I remember well because of all the toilet rolls, pillows and towels being thrown to the stage from the balconies... what a mad one that was!), so it was about time we saw him on that stage again. He kept the party vibes going with a top tunage choice until it was time to go bonkers with the bassline junkie.

P1310663+-+copia+edit.jpeg

Ibiza Rocks introduced Dizzee Rascal and grime to the white isle back in 2008, when he was enjoying the success of his first number one single "Dance Wiv Me". Since then he returned to San Antonio's much loved live stage every year except 2012 and 2014.

Thanks to the nice bit of rain yesterday at midday, temperatures dropped a few degrees and it cleared the air but as soon as Dizzee hit the stage temperatures rised again. After his appearance last saturday at Cafe Mambo for a short four-song set as part of the BBC Radio 1 weekend, he performed at Ibiza Rocks backed by DJ MK, Scope and, on some songs like last year, the always excellent Daniel Pearce (who we saw two weeks ago with Sigma). Stand out moments included "Fix Up, Look Sharp", "Holiday" and, of course, the recent collaboration between him and Calvin Harris "Hype" (they've already paired up in the past, this one being their third work together). Happy faces all around, including Tinie Tempah who was hanging in the VIP.

Great high-energy show by Dizzee and his amigos as usual!

P1310785+-+copia.JPG

By the way, Dizzee Rascal's show was professionally filmed by MTV...

Ibiza Rocks line-ups and tickets here:
:arrow: http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/night/promoters/ibiza_rocks_i.htm

Dizzee Rascal setlist + videos:
I Don't Need A Reason
Jus' A Rascal
Fix Up, Look Sharp
Stop Dat / I Luv U
Jezebel
Stand Up Tall
Heavy [Chase & Status]
Pussyole (Old Skool)
Sirens