Diynamic Festival - London

We will be there on the Saturday although a bit of a pain as we travel to Ibiza very early on the Sunday (planned around Solomun nights) and tend to agree that 2 days will be a gamble ... at the Diynamic tent at Wearefstvl last year the Diynamic tent (although VIP) was pretty empty on the Saturday including for Solomun

Looks really flat tbh and for the life of me why is it two days?
My thoughts exactly, liked the idea to start with but don’t really understand the planning.

Looks like a one stage event so would have been better off doing 1 day with 2 stages

Now all artists on the saturday across 2 stages and sunday cancelled "due to feedback from people who wanted it on one day"...aka bad ticket sales on the Sunday ;)

Now all artists on the saturday across 2 stages and sunday cancelled "due to feedback from people who wanted it on one day"...aka bad ticket sales on the Sunday ;)

Dunno why promoters bother putting bullshit statements like that out into the public domain. Just cancel it and keep schtum. Nobody needs to know in any case.

cancelled now...say they lost their first venue and then the second had the license refused by the council. Rough for them,....but i booked tickets when i was drunk and then realised after i couldnt go so am slefishly glad i now get a refund ;)

Don't know if it's the same promoters who book Solomun to play Brixton Academy in June every year, but I always got the impression those guys were chancers. Should've done the Fire/GSS day/night thing again. No issues with licensing there. Think they thought too high above their station with limited experience. Sad that the Diynamic name needed to be attached to it.

Pretty shambolic. Have to say I wouldn’t have much confidence in going to this festival in future if it were to ever be put on.

In fairness I am not sure that just the Diynamic names would have had enough pull for a proper one dayer though. As above, would work better in a big club space.

Meh the lineup was weak as hell anyhow.

No great loss. You guys are right. it shouldve just been a club night or even held at docks.

I see they're blaming it on the egress situation at Eastern Electrics... real cheap excuse, blaming a different promoter for their own pitfall!

Even here in the hometown Hamburg the Dynamic Open Airs are a hit and miss...
This year had a weak sound enginee and the crowd was mainly tourists.
Last year they cut off 2 hours because of bad weather and the after party at Ego did let people stand in the rain for hours even so the club was almost empty.

The Dynamic club nights at Winter in Hamburg always are packed and have a great party crowd with an even better after party.

@HappyAB that's shocking to learn. Having said that, I have seen similar with my hometown's festival. Interest waned over the years and now it is no longer supported by the locals, but still manages to get an influx of people from outside the county.

Back