Digweed @ E1 London

How was it ? Long time since I’ve done an Easter Thursday Digweed session

Yeah, it was brilliant. Digweed on Easter Thursday kind of a London tradition for me. Firstly, a nod to E1. It really has evolved IMO into a proper club now. Used to feel like an 'event hall' holding club nights - now for me it really is a club. Amazing what fitting a Funktion-One sound system, some proper lighting and projection can do! BUT, still feels like a warehouse. That main room feels very DC10 Main Room for me now.

As we had a busy weekend, we literally just did Digweed 11-4. Nothing against the other DJs, just came for this. He played harder than he did last year - a LOT faster most of the night. At time in full on Techno mode! The crowd was as expected - zero spectators - all there for the music - and the mix of old and young that his nights bring in. If anything I think his London crowd has got younger over the last few years which is great to see.

Had Shazam on in the background, as always with Diggers he is playing new stuff so never picks it up, or it has had like10 Shazams! A few favs below:

Played Inner Core for Love (Omer Tayar Remix) but even faster and with something else mixed in! Imagine it over that sound system

ORGSA (2023 Remaster) by SIS

A few old ones for good measure: Saints & Sinners - Pushin' Too Hard (Original Mix)

Plus this, but even with a bit more latin flavor thrown in:

Yeah, it was brilliant. Digweed on Easter Thursday kind of a London tradition for me. Firstly, a nod to E1. It really has evolved IMO into a proper club now. Used to feel like an 'event hall' holding club nights - now for me it really is a club. Amazing what fitting a Funktion-One sound system, some proper lighting and projection can do! BUT, still feels like a warehouse. That main room feels very DC10 Main Room for me now.

As we had a busy weekend, we literally just did Digweed 11-4. Nothing against the other DJs, just came for this. He played harder than he did last year - a LOT faster most of the night. At time in full on Techno mode! The crowd was as expected - zero spectators - all there for the music - and the mix of old and young that his nights bring in. If anything I think his London crowd has got younger over the last few years which is great to see.

Had Shazam on in the background, as always with Diggers he is playing new stuff so never picks it up, or it has had like10 Shazams! A few favs below:

Played Inner Core for Love (Omer Tayar Remix) but even faster and with something else mixed in! Imagine it over that sound system

ORGSA (2023 Remaster) by SIS

A few old ones for good measure: Saints & Sinners - Pushin' Too Hard (Original Mix)

Plus this, but even with a bit more latin flavor thrown in:

Sounds awesome mate.

Agree that E1 has lifted its game big time. Lineups have been impressive, security a lot friendlier, installed new LED screens for visuals but also most importantly, they have sorted out their sound. It used to be extremely inconsistent, one week it was perfect and a few weeks later our whole crew ended up leaving an hour in because it was way too loud in both rooms.

As for the crowd, it’s been excellent 90% of the time I’ve been there. Only had one bad experience when there was another event going on in the black studio that attracted a very young demographic.

Back