Destino and Tox

Dirk

Anyone ever been?

Fancy the Solomun night when I am there in September. Interested in any reviewes anyone has and in particular what the night is like when it continues in Tox. How many can it hold, does it have decent sound quality and what time is it open to?

been many times yeah.

the outdoor bit can be compared to ushuaïa, but it's a LOT nicer believe me. it has much more an actual 'open air' feeling to it. they stop the music short before midnight and then it continues downstairs in tox. tox isn't big, I guess it can hold maybe 400 people? A bit more maybe? But it's really not huge. Soundsystem's good, very powerful yet clear in fact. Open until 6am, but obviously depends on how busy it is.

Decent crowd?

I'd say so. there's a bit of everything really, from the cool kids to the rich & famous. the other day I actually spoke to a friend about this when we were at destino. and while looking around us on the dancefloor both of us nodded saying 'oooft. lots of beautiful people around here'. but so far I never had the feeling it's too posh. go and have a look, I'd definitely recommend it.

^^ Outside, what I saw of the crowd there last month in a relatively brief glance reminded me very much of Never Say Never parties at Ushuaia. Crowd-wise dominated by more mature (20-30 somethings+). Expensive designer resortwear and shades everywhere (girls) and plenty of deck shoes/converse and Calvin Klein / Polo Ralph Lauren / Diesel (guys). About 35% "non-fashion" regular stuff.

Vibe-wise, on the reserved side of rocking but still well up for it. More fist-pump & appreciative "wayy" than abandoned "OIOIOIOIOIO" if you catch me drift, and plenty of Spanish to make sure the dancefloor was grooving with plenty of smiles.

also - just remember now - they also do drink deals there. i think it was something like 40€ for 5 drinks. just ask at the bar.

was there for nicolas jaar, the vibe was unreal. So good. The place is better than ushuia! way better in my opinion. the only draw back is that is a little far and getting there there is a little hard.

aaah. sorry NOW I understand you. I've misread and thought you'd be asking about s+1 and whether they continue at tox (the pacha night). as for the solomun+live event, they sometimes also continue at tox afterwards, but it's not a biggie then to continue inside I always thought.

still though, I see it does clash with hawtin's b2b with plex. decide on the day I'd say! or do destino first and then leave just in time for the b2b if it happens.

Is Tox free afterwards? Ive only been inside Tox once and think I went in the wrong door. I went in from the front of the hotel and didnt seem to pass anyone on the way in. Everyone else seemed to be entering from the pool side.

Also, whats the best way to go about organising transport back from Destino? In the past when ive been there have been very few taxis around.

The area outside Destino does seem a bit remote, especially at night, we ended up getting an illegal taxi as there were no licensed taxis, there were also lots of hookers hanging around outside

Back