David Guettas New Movie

"What David Guetta symbolises is... translation"
Wil. I . Am a F**cknuckle (2011)

"What I need is that connection with the people" .. or should that be "what I need is to be idol-worshipped and have my ego massaged on a continual basis by the people as they hand my team and I yet more millions of Euros" ?

Could not believe it in France a week ago - turned the radio on and it was Guetta, Guetta, Guetta, Guetta or soul-searching torch song ... and posters of him up everywhere including the Guetta i-phone app and everything else you can think of... The hype knows no bounds it seems :eek: ! His PR team deserve a medal.. and France needs a new Hero ;)

His patter on the vid reminds me somewhat of the recent Paris Hilton spoof :)lol:) and that stadium scene is just :eek: .. I started imagining Guetta leading the way like the Pied Piper of Hamlyn into a furnace as lasers fill the night sky and a neon sign flashes "F**k me I'm finished" .. goodness knows where that came from :eek: - how unhealthy !!

I've never understood all the hate with Guetta.

He makes hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of people happy. He's not always my cup of tea, but I do sometimes like his tunes (Lunar is a good example)

He makes hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of people happy. He's not always my cup of tea, but I do sometimes like his tunes (Lunar is a good example)

I don't hate him, he's just depressing.

I think he dumbs down everything to the lowest common denominator and that seems to be just what everyone wants at the moment.

His tunes are like nursery rhymes for adults.

And he was much better when he hosted Rapido.

He needs to exist.

Western culture is all about outside appearances and celebrity culture is part of that.

Record companies need a face in order to keep the machine oiled.

Meanwhile, those that care little about music and just want to prance around with medieval alcopops stained teeth can feel like they're buying into a fancy Euro remixer who is associated with Destiny's Child.

He needs to exist.

Western culture is all about outside appearances and celebrity culture is part of that.

Record companies need a face in order to keep the machine oiled.

Meanwhile, those that care little about music and just want to prance around with medieval alcopops stained teeth can feel like they're buying into a fancy Euro remixer who is associated with Destiny's Child.

Isn't it hilarious that he's managed to shoehorn his missus into the spotlight too?

You can imagine the conversations between them:

Cathy: Dave, when I met you, you were just a ferrety faced wannabe and if it wasn't for me you would still be France's version of Tim Westwood. I think it's about time I got some recognition for being , well you know, your missus and that...

David: lalalalala, just a little more love, lalalalalalala,

Cathy: Listen dip****, I'm not joking...

David: Lalalalalala, all the wimmin, who's independent, lalalalala

Cathy: Sign here, mother****er or I'm cutting your fringe..

David: lalalalalalalalalalalalalala, etc etc

the mans done well for himself tbf

what hes doing at pacha or in the charts isnt affecting my local club scene or any of the nights i like in ibiza so i have no hate for him.

its just a phase anyways the pop scene will change in a year or two to sometime different.

Isn't it hilarious that he's managed to shoehorn his missus into the spotlight too?

You can imagine the conversations between them:

Cathy: Dave, when I met you, you were just a ferrety faced wannabe and if it wasn't for me you would still be France's version of Tim Westwood. I think it's about time I got some recognition for being , well you know, your missus and that...

David: lalalalala, just a little more love, lalalalalalala,

Cathy: Listen dip****, I'm not joking...

David: Lalalalalala, all the wimmin, who's independent, lalalalala

Cathy: Sign here, mother****er or I'm cutting your fringe..

David: lalalalalalalalalalalalalala, etc etc

Bows down with respect to Markb :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Thank you for making me smile on this tiring, tiring tiring Wed Morning...

Incidentally - When driving down to liverpool on Fri night - I had Radio 1 on as they had Tiefschwarz doing some promo interview and they played a Guetta track which was then described as Turbo Disco - must have slept through that Genre.. :confused:

Incidentally - When driving down to liverpool on Fri night - I had Radio 1 on as they had Tiefschwarz doing some promo interview and they played a Guetta track which was then described as Turbo Disco - must have slept through that Genre.. :confused:

Annie Mac? If so, prob something she made up herself. She doesn't half talk a lot of s**t.

On a side note, SHM did a good job of taking over Pete Tong's Friday night show on Radio 1

On a side note, SHM did a good job of taking over Pete Tong's Friday night show on Radio 1

:eek: - once again I am clearly further removed from others in my opinions than I thought ;) .. endured it (determined to give them another chance) in the car driving to Devon on Friday night for as long as I could [gritted teeth and turning down volume on a regular basis but stuck it out long enough to give them a really good chance] ..

until I could take it no more and put Classic FM on. No, I'm not joking - it was SUCH a relief not to have to listen to them - either the TALKING or the music they were playing !!

:eek: - once again I am clearly further removed from others in my opinions than I thought ;) .. endured it (determined to give them another chance) in the car driving to Devon on Friday night for as long as I could [gritted teeth and turning down volume on a regular basis but stuck it out long enough to give them a really good chance] ..

until I could take it no more and put Classic FM on. No, I'm not joking - it was SUCH a relief not to have to listen to them - either the TALKING or the music they were playing !!

+1

I am listening to it now and am fast forwarding more than I'm listening to. It's not my cuppa at all.

Back