Daft Punk New Album

Dirk

Have read there is a poster campaign in London and Sony have recently registered a 13 track 72 minuite Daft Punk Album.

Chic legend Nile Rogers has also been helping to produce the record and there was a disco influence on the short clip, so what does everyone expect?

As previous albums have influenced the french hosue sound, I think this is going to be the year disco and funky house really makes a comeback.

Looking forward to the release!

Have read there is a poster campaign in London and Sony have recently registered a 13 track 72 minuite Daft Punk Album.

Chic legend Nile Rogers has also been helping to produce the record and there was a disco influence on the short clip, so what does everyone expect?

As previous albums have influenced the french hosue sound, I think this is going to be the year disco and funky house really makes a comeback.

Looking forward to the release!

I expect the album to encapsulate an array of musical genres just as each of their other albums have. The past albums all had a specific sound to them even though every tune was different so I'm hoping there'll be material which will relate to past albums and also new stuff with that signature album specific element. I am extremely excited about it!!!

Also Sneak said he doing some collaboration on the album A while back .. I pre-ordered my album on iTunes yesterday. It cost 7.99. I've never done that before so what does it entail? Will I pay more when it's out? I just did it in the heat of the moment without thinking hang on this is iTunes its not gonna get sold out lol

http://www.gigwise.com/news/80349/photo-daft-punk-launch-london-poster-campaign

Can't wait to hear this new album. listened to alive 97 a few times since the SNL ad. Reminding me how much I love daft punk had not listened to alive 97 in a while. They have changed so much and this album seems to be more evolution.

Now just announce album and tour already!
I wouldn't say they have changed yet just from listening to a tiny clip ... Listen to that clip and then listen to their track 'voyager' from discovery. It's got that similar guitar loop. The rest of their album will hopefully be a mixed bag of everything else. As for a tour I am also praying but I don't think it will happen :( you never know though stranger things have happened!

I think they have been changing all along. Human after all was so abrasive for lack of better word compared to their other music. Some People didn't give it a chance.

This probably will be more radio friendly. All my opinion of course. I hope some of the abrasive stuff stays. As human after all was probably my favourite album so hard to decide thou.

actually you said it best "The rest of their album will hopefully be a mixed bag of everything else"

thats my hope too :--/)

WOW - they got Giorgio Moroder involved.

Not sure how they managed that.

Still think it'll be a 'good' dance album that will be forgotten fairly quickly.

...and why can't Moroder just ditch them and go at it alone?

Oh yeah - £££

WOW - they got Giorgio Moroder involved.

Not sure how they managed that.

Still think it'll be a 'good' dance album that will be forgotten fairly quickly.

...and why can't Moroder just ditch them and go at it alone?

Oh yeah - £££

Bit disrespectful. Read any interview with Moroder about DP and you'll understand why he got involved.

Quickly forgotten? None of their work has ever been 'quickly forgotten'

No one mentioned the album launch which will be in some backwater town called Wee Waa, here in Oz.

One of the most famous acts in the world chooses to unveil their new album in a small, off-the-map Australian town and a media frenzy ensues. It may sound like the plot for a quirky Australian comedy, but this is real life. Yesterday, the Narrabri Courier announced it was hosting the “global album launch” of Daft Punk's hotly-anticipated fourth album Random Access Memories. As hard to believe as that news was, today we have confirmation that one of the biggest dance albums of the decade will be heard for the first time in the regional town of Wee Waa, population 2000.

Pitchfork have confirmed the reports overnight, presumably by way of a Sony representative. Sony are expected to make a public statement about the event later today, but inthemix can confirm the label has already purchased the domain name www.daftpunkweewaa.com. So what do we know so far? On the night of May 17, Random Access Memories will be played to 4000 ticket holders in Wee Waa and, it's thought, streamed live out to the world. As with everything Daft Punk, many of the details about the event are still shrouded in mystery. We'll be updating this story regularly, so hang around to stay up to date with the latest. In the meanwhile, though, this is what we know…

TICKETS
Tickets are going for $60 a pop and are limited to 4000. Officially, they go on sale at 9am on Friday the 12th of April through the Venue Tickets website (or you can call them on 02 6792 4654). However, inthemix spoke to a representative from the Narrabri Shire Council this morning who told us that a glitch in the system resulted in a small number of tickets going up for sale last night, after news of the event broke. The council has assured inthemix those ticket sales will be honoured, but couldn't tell us how many had been snapped up in the tech error. If you managed to get a ticket then, you'll need to pick it up on May 16 or 17 from the Crossing Theatre in the neighbouring town of Narrabri. Naturally, you can expect the remaining tickets to sell out in an instant – the council already has reports of people camping out to buy them in person.

ACCOMMODATION
Speaking to inthemix, the Narrabri Shire Council has confirmed that information about accommodation will be released at 9am on Friday morning to coincide with ticket sales. Hotels, motels, houses for holiday rent and camping options will all be available.

THE EVENT
Let's be clear: so far, there is nothing to suggest that Thomas Bangalter and Guy Manuel de Homem-Christo will be at the Wee Waa event in person. What we do know is that the launch will be held at the Wee Waa showground during the annual Wee Waa show, where the album will be played in full and streamed out online. “Gates open at 3:30 on Friday in readiness for a fun packed weekend of events,” the Wee Waa town website promises. “Kicking off with the Daft Punk launch on Friday night other events will include typical Australian country show entertainment including the pet show, showgirl competition, cross cut saw competition, fireworks and much more.” As for how the townsfolk are feeling about it? A Shire Council representative told inthemix the town is “absolutely excited” and that the event is “a coup for regional Australia”.

THE TOWN
Wondering where the heck Wee Waa is? You're not alone. Pronounced Wee-War, the town is situated on the North-Western slopes of regional NSW. That's about 570 kilometres or eight hours drive from Sydney, or six hours by car from Brisbane. Wee Waa is part of the Narrabri Shire and is 40 kilometres from the larger town of the same name, which has a slightly larger population of 6,100. According to the Wee Waa website, the town boasts a “butcher (coming soon), a baker and a candlestick maker”- you can't make this stuff up! There's also a café and not one but two pubs, for those in search of food and drink. This morning, inthemix spoke to Narrabri Shire tradesperson steward Zoe Miguel, who told us she couldn't comment on how preparations were getting underway as “I've honestly got no idea, I'm currently picking cotton and haven't been into town for weeks”. Take a look at an aerial view of the town below.

Link:http://www.inthemix.com.au/news/55021/Daft_Punks_Wee_Waa_album_launch_Everything_you_need_to_know

Bit disrespectful. Read any interview with Moroder about DP and you'll understand why he got involved.

Quickly forgotten? None of their work has ever been 'quickly forgotten'

Disrespectful to Daft Punk? I'm sure they don't mind I thought their second album was a pile of sh1te. Why would they?

You're right, I didn't quickly forget it - I had it 'One more time' rammed into my ear canal more times than I care to recount.

Disrespectful to Daft Punk? I'm sure they don't mind I thought their second album was a pile of sh1te. Why would they?

You're right, I didn't quickly forget it - I had it 'One more time' rammed into my ear canal more times than I care to recount.

For some strange reason you find it hard to believe Moroder would work with them, misguided at best.

No worries I'll file your comments under your comments about Thatcher ;)

Back