Currensea travel card

Dereklad

Hello people hows it going.
Im off to ibiza next week and normally i goto postoffice and get 300 euros out for travelling and take my halifax card.
I was advised by my mate at work to take a travel card so i got a currensea card.
Has anyone experience with travel cards in ibiza.
Any problems with them are they ok for cash machines and paying for food in ibiza and at the bars.
Travel cards are like science fiction to me,im normaly the big wad of cash man..

Hello people hows it going.
Im off to ibiza next week and normally i goto postoffice and get 300 euros out for travelling and take my halifax card.
I was advised by my mate at work to take a travel card so i got a currensea card.
Has anyone experience with travel cards in ibiza.
Any problems with them are they ok for cash machines and paying for food in ibiza and at the bars.
Travel cards are like science fiction to me,im normaly the big wad of cash man..
You should be fine with your Halifax card if it's one of the Clarity credit cards. With those, you can withdraw cash for zero fee at the Banca March ATMs. They can be a bit hard to find, but there's one in PDB just along from the KFC, almost opposite the Algarb hotel. The one outside Ushuaia is a BM one too, but wasn't working when I was there last. Note that if you do take out cash using a Halifax Clarity credit card, they start charging interest immediately, you dont get the intrest free period like you do with purchases.

Banca March ATMs: https://www.bancamarch.es/en/cargarAplicacionCajero.do

Thanks for the reply.
Ive just got a bog standard Halifax card..
I thought id try a travel card so that my main halifax card dont get lost or skimmed.

I just hope this currensea card works as advertised.

Thanks for the reply.
Ive just got a bog standard Halifax card..
I thought id try a travel card so that my main halifax card dont get lost or skimmed.

I just hope this currensea card works as advertised.
Should be fine, looks legit. Would still advise using those Banca March ATMs if you can find them- will save you a few quid/euros every time you withdraw. Also, you'll be fine using card in 98.634% of places.

Should be fine, looks legit. Would still advise using those Banca March ATMs if you can find them- will save you a few quid/euros every time you withdraw. Also, you'll be fine using card in 98.634% of places.
One of the plusses of my Post office Travelcard is there are no fees, the downside is it charges you to take cash out of a machine. However as you allude to, almost everywhere wanting tourist cash takes cards; and for a week's hol now maybe only e.100 needs to be taken in cash (even for tips I say round up the bill and pay that with the card) so noo need to use the ATM. Travel card, credit/debit card as back-up and a little bit of cash, sorted!

Back