Cream Closing...yay or nay?

Hywel

Of all the nights I have planned, this one is giving me a right headache. We all know it's going to be rammed inside, with long queues for everything, but how bad does it actually get? Is it hell on Earth in there?

I love to dance for hours, but not if I have to keep apologising every two minutes for knocking into someone. I've never seen Amnesia at over-full capacity, so looking for opinions to sway me.

Will be at the Spotlight meet, whatever my decision. :)

you can't miss cream closing if you like cream!

yes it will be very very busy, but not unbearably so (amnesia closing is another story). two tips: go early and get a good spot to dance and/or get a vip balcony access ticket.

you can't miss cream closing if you like cream!

yes it will be very very busy, but not unbearably so (amnesia closing is another story). two tips: go early and get a good spot to dance and/or get a vip balcony access ticket.

I suppose that's my biggest issue. Am I going just cause everybody else will be, or would I be going because I like Cream? Not sure I like it enough to be honest.

I suppose that's my biggest issue. Am I going just cause everybody else will be, or would I be going because I like Cream? Not sure I like it enough to be honest.

Enter closing party is the same night. It's likely to be an absolute blast looking at that lineup and after the parties they've put on this Season. Why don't you just go to that instead ? Pretty much guaranteed a great night ... and Space layout is far friendlier when things get busy.

In fact, the Paradise night at DC-10 looks good too if you don't like the Space lineup. There will likely be nice enough crowds at both.

Last edited by a moderator:
Enter closing party is the same night. It's likely to be an absolute blast looking at that lineup and after the parties they've put on this Season. Why don't you just go to that instead ? Pretty much guaranteed a great night ... and Space layout is far friendlier when things get busy.

In fact, the Paradise night at DC-10 looks good too if you don't like the Space lineup. There will likely be nice enough crowds at both.

Nice to have a few options. Wonder if Enter do free buses from San An?

I went in 2007. I personally found the main room too busy to enjoy. The terrace was OK. There was room to dance, at least. We had VIP tickets because we knew it would be packed,but thought we'd chance it with shorts. Denied !

I arrive early hours on Tuesday and we were planning on doing the cream closing. Nothing on the Cream lineup that im into to be honest but my girlfriend loves Trance and we are missing out on Armin Van Buurens night because we fly a Monday night. Id much rather go to Enter at Space especially as Hawtin is at the top of my list of djs I havent seen. But because we are going to Space Tuesday night for Carl Cox Closing which is mainly what im into I cant really ask my other half to change her mind.

Cream should be decent though. Do they make any more effort with the nights on the closing parties? Like production, dancers etc or is it just a normal cream night. My 8th visit but first time for the closings:confused:

Get VIP balcony tickets here on Spotlight, you should be fine then. These tickets are the single reason why I like Cream much more than ASOT (I am seriosly considering going to bed after the boat party on Monday).

For me personally, closing parties are no more special than "regular" ones. I just happen to be in Ibiza that particular week, so I have to go to Cream, and so it has to be the closing party. I am not going because everyone is going - in fact I would rather have "everyone" go somewhere else :)

I go to trance parties though - maybe it is different with other music styles. I like being on the mainfloor in the beginning and at the end, when there are not many people, but I go to the balcony when the headliner plays and the place feels like a sardine can. My best Cream experiences were dancing on a nearly empty dancefloor to the sound of Guiseppe Ottaviani, and listening to an amazing set by Ferry Corsten from the VIP balcony on my birthday.

So yay for Cream! (Or if you want do do me a favor, go somewhere else :D)

Same problem as you. Went for Enter instead ;) Cream will be too rammed, plus i've missed that infectious techno sound

Nice to have a few options. Wonder if Enter do free buses from San An?

Don't think so ... but if there's a PDB meet-up you could get an early bus over and go to that instead :idea: It's 3Euros a pint at Geko too - or about 5 Euros for a monumentally strong mixer drink if you buy 2, so doesn't cost the Earth to have a couple of strong drinks before either. Think 8am rather than 6am for finishing-up time too ... the final hours were mental when I went to this.

Im kinda leaning towards going to Enter but means ill have to split from my mates .

You'll find plenty of new ones going to that night, I've no doubt ! ;)

Well. I've just woken up at 6:30am, in a determined state of mind. Logged on and bought the VIP access to Cream, so that's that sorted. I've only once been VIP'd before, in all the 15 times I've been, so it'll be an experience either way. Hawtin will have to wait.

Wasn't planning on taking any full length trousers, shopping trip for cargos on the weekend then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back