Copenhagen

LagunaBeachCA

Folks:

I am considering a 2 week trip to Copenhagen (end of August, beginning of September) and I would be very grateful if I could get some feedback.

• Which part of town would you recommend that I stay in?
  • How is the public transportation situation around the island?
  • Which places would you recommend for e-music? I am not interested in going to fancy, shmancy places. I am more interested in the quality of music and hence, an underground venue is totally cool. I am mostly into more of the Minimal, Tech-House stuff these days, but other variations will also suffice. Any particular websites where one can get the lowdown on the nightlife in Copenhagen?
  • Which places would you recommend for bars? I am mainly interested in going to places where a bunch of carefree, happy-go-lucky locals hang out and not ones that are heavily populated by tourists, business types or the highty-flighty types.
  • Any particular restaurants or bakery recommendations (for some real Danish cuisine) would be very welcome. Once again, a hole-in-the-wall place will be perfect as long as the food and the vibe are authentic.
I will be traveling solo as usual, and hence, just looking at broadening my horizons as much as I can for a couple of weeks. I sincerely thank anyone for some valuable feedback.

Back