Connecting in madrid T4S to T4!

scribs76

Im traveling soon to ibiza and im connecting in madrid barajas int airport Iberia airlines.My layover is only 85 minutes upon landing and thats if my plane arrives on time.Im thinking im landing in terminal T4S.Then have to catch a plane in T4.Both planes are operated by Iberia airlines.Ive done some research & worried if this is not much time for me to get where i have to go.Ive heard some horror storys about the airport.Like it takes awhile to get from point A to Point B.Anybody have any problems connecting from T4S to T4.And how long does it take to get between the two? Any tips upon landing as well?Any info is appreciated.Or maybe im just paranoid:eek:!!

T4S is just the international "satellite" part of T4. It's where the flights from non Shengen countries disembark so that they can make sure that you go through passport control. It is a seperate building, but it is connected to T4 by a short train ride. I think you will have more than enough time so don't stress it. T4 is probably the nicest airport terminal that I have ever been in.

Last edited by a moderator:
T4S is just the international "satellite" part of T4. It's where the flights from non Shengen countries disembark so that they can make sure that you go through passport control. It is a seperate building, but it is connected to T4 by a short train ride. I think you will have more than enough time so don't stress it. T4 is probably the nicest airport terminal that I have ever been in.

So basically i just have to hope my plane arrives on time.Can passport check lines be lengthy there.I remember last yr in London i had to stand in a line took about 30 to 40 minutes to get thru theres.Then to think of the walk between terminals as i read you walk for awhile and im not sure if they transport my bags for me or i have to re-check them.Im just gonna have to be that funny guy running haha!

T4/T4S is quite a large structure, but 85 minutes should be more than enough.

Last time we went through Madrid, it took us 30-40 minutes from the metro to our gate in T4S. That's including check-in, train ride and passport control. I can't imagine it would take more time going the opposite direction.

If you were going to T1-3, I would be worried, but with T4 you'll be fine.

Back