Confessions of an 40 year old American Roller

Ibiza approaches,

Early September will be my first trip and my first opportunity to roll again in 15 years:evil:. I keep getting this immage of Tom Brokaw who quit smoking for years and got cancer just months after starting back up again. I bet it felt so good for a couple of months it was actualy worth it. Like condum free sex, sometimes it is worth your life?

Perhaps..

Years have passed, as well as most of the hair on the top of my head.

I've gone from strarving for cash in a life full of friends and freedom to quite the opposite. I'm married to a job and the bank account is now fat but I would trade it all to be broke, young, and having it all in front of me. "Be the first on the speaker" has always been my motto. It's something you never outgrow but can you still do it at 40 and look cool?

Perhaps...

The music has changed so much. My hey-day was music like New Order, Noel, Information Society, and even Millie Vannillie! Sure, it was a little deuchey, but at least you felt love while you put out a little sweat. The vibe in the 80's was to dance (but also to get laid). Seems with the music today, it's all about feeling yourself. Where is the Love? The house type music just seems to be repetetive beeps and squeeks. Are there any DJ's playing music in Ibiza more like 80's freestyle? I guess I will just have to get so ****ed up the music doesn't matter. Hello bottle service at a table for one. I'm bringing a couple thousand 8" glow sticks to throw around from VIP. Blame it on my Mardi-Gras roots. I hope that is enough of an ice breaker to start some conversations with the young and free.

Will I be the only 40 year old in Ibiza?

Perhaps...

But at least I can throw down.

to be continued...

I think there's a fair few other 40 year olds out there still ejoying the amenities that Ibiza has to offer.

Were off to Ibiza in a couple of weeks on a mates 40th bithday bash, there's 20 of us going in a big party with the only intention of partying all week. You are definately not going to be alone in the old enough to know better club.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ibiza approaches,

Early September will be my first trip and my first opportunity to roll again in 15 years:evil:. I keep getting this immage of Tom Brokaw who quit smoking for years and got cancer just months after starting back up again. I bet it felt so good for a couple of months it was actualy worth it. Like condum free sex, sometimes it is worth your life?

Perhaps..

Years have passed, as well as most of the hair on the top of my head.

I've gone from strarving for cash in a life full of friends and freedom to quite the opposite. I'm married to a job and the bank account is now fat but I would trade it all to be broke, young, and having it all in front of me. "Be the first on the speaker" has always been my motto. It's something you never outgrow but can you still do it at 40 and look cool?

Perhaps...

The music has changed so much. My hey-day was music like New Order, Noel, Information Society, and even Millie Vannillie! Sure, it was a little deuchey, but at least you felt love while you put out a little sweat. The vibe in the 80's was to dance (but also to get laid). Seems with the music today, it's all about feeling yourself. Where is the Love? The house type music just seems to be repetetive beeps and squeeks. Are there any DJ's playing music in Ibiza more like 80's freestyle? I guess I will just have to get so ****ed up the music doesn't matter. Hello bottle service at a table for one. I'm bringing a couple thousand 8" glow sticks to throw around from VIP. Blame it on my Mardi-Gras roots. I hope that is enough of an ice breaker to start some conversations with the young and free.

Will I be the only 40 year old in Ibiza?

Perhaps...

But at least I can throw down.

to be continued...

get on the swedgers

I keep getting this immage of Tom Brokaw who quit smoking for years and got cancer just months after starting back up again.
I think you mean Peter Jennings? (one of my heroes growing up...)

The music has changed so much. My hey-day was music like New Order, Noel, Information Society, and even Millie Vannillie!
Ah, those were the days... love me some old New Order... and Information Society.. I thought only I remembered them! :lol:

I went from that stage, through punk, gothic and industrial, back to guitar rock, and onward to house. You CAN adapt... and bleeps or no bleeps, every year there are some tunes playing in the clubs that get people to put their hands up and give each other smiling, knowing looks.

Don't worry. Take it from this late 30s American roller, you will love Ibiza.

New order , Blue Monday , 12 inch mix used to be one of my favorite`s when I used to DJ on the odd night, Long enough for a piss and get a beer and easy to mix back out of when you got back :lol::lol:

Have a good one
Tim

upon further review...

The play stands as called!

I have been looking at the pics of parties and come to realize there are two types of people in Ibiza:

1: Young and good looking...
2: Freak.

I dont fit catagory 1 so I am going to go as a freak weather I like it or not...

This means my chances of pulling are absolute zero...

So, I am looking forward to sneaking in costume changes. Can you fit a chicken costume or a clown outfit in a hidden pocket?

How about an outfit totally made out of glow sticks?

I am thinking of wearing a full beard and sneking into a stall and shaving it off in parts evey hour untill I am bald.

Freak, the word hurts...I now officially hate the young.

That is, untill, I hit on one and they allow me to buy them a 20 euro drink, pat me on the shoulder with an appreciateive thanks, and then go off and F someone else much younger.

Freak. At least we're good for a laugh...arrrrrggggggh.

A great costume for you could be "Mid life crisis man" that would involve, a celtic arm band tatoo, a pony tail hair extension, some leather clothing and a motorbike, and a Hunter S Thompson novel !.

geezer was mental but still far and away the most interesting character to appear on this site. I think he was fcked in the head (from serving in Iraq?)

Swedgers has been used in Scotland since the nineties. Originally a term for downers in Glasgow and then any sort of pill. Originally a name for sweets.

The vibe in the 80's was to dance. (But to also get laid).:lol: Some classics still make me laugh from the roller.

Back