Coast Fishing,from the shore.

Greetings,
Any fishermen amongst the community?
Looking for any tips or "secret" spots on the island good for fishing from the shore? regards.

there are loads, and nothing better than taking the fish home and whacking it on the bbq, but I am afraid the locations are one of Ibiza's biggest secrets :cool:

Yeah you are 100% correct Rewdan about the secret fishing spots.
I know a few already and part of the fun is the thrill of finding your own wee spots.
Is the river ever high enough to fish or maybe even the reservoirs?
I am a fly fisherman in Scotland so that is my speciality in finding good spots on the many Scottish rivers but not so much the sea.
Tight Lines.

I take it there are no more Fishermen out there??.
Come on troops at least some advice on whether the River? or Reservoir is fishable...Tight Lines:D

Yeah you are 100% correct Rewdan about the secret fishing spots.
I know a few already and part of the fun is the thrill of finding your own wee spots.
Is the river ever high enough to fish or maybe even the reservoirs?
I am a fly fisherman in Scotland so that is my speciality in finding good spots on the many Scottish rivers but not so much the sea.
Tight Lines.

Fish do populate the river, not sure how far up they go but walking over the bridge drop a few pieces of bread into the water, within seconds there will be hundreds of fish in the vicinity of varying sizes. In the same area many people can be seen fishing on the rocks outside Mariners bar.

I take it there are no more Fishermen out there??.
Come on troops at least some advice on whether the River? or Reservoir is fishable...Tight Lines:D
Ill be teaching my son to fish on the island when we move over, plus the wife loves fish so hopefully be able to cook some,
I'd start on any rocky part that is near deep water, from what I've seen if you have 100 small fish near your bait the big eatable fish are not interested.
Good luck and keep us posted if u catch anything .

Martin

Will do Vinyldreams.
Good luck with your move to Eivissa mate.
I think you and your family will be living the dream within no time.
I take my hat off to you for going for it and moving to the White Island.
Respect Is Due:):).

Fish do populate the river, not sure how far up they go but walking over the bridge drop a few pieces of bread into the water, within seconds there will be hundreds of fish in the vicinity of varying sizes. In the same area many people can be seen fishing on the rocks outside Mariners bar.
Thanks WeLuv.:)
Will check out Mariners Rocks next time I'm over.
Will probably be April 2014 now.
I tried to book flights at the end of September from Glasgow but BA were looking for over £600 one way!!!!:(

Back