club garbi ****

stephen

Staff member
no, i haven't used a naughty word in the title.

the garbi's being upgraded to four stars for all you funky clubbers that like a bit of sophistication and comfort on your jollies

here's the pilot room

room.jpg

you can find more info on the new garbi by just by clicking GARBI

Ooh.. that looks great. A definite improvement in furniture.

I like the Garbi for location, price, free wi-fi and great balcony view... I've stayed there in each of the past 3 years.

The two drawbacks were the food (well, I never make it to breakfast but my wife says it's not great) and the furniture, especially the tiny twin beds. Looks like they're remedying at least one of those!

Now we'll just have to see how much they boost the price :confused:

Edit: just checked the new prices... looks like they boosted them by about 15 euros/person i.e. 30 euros/room for double occupancy. Talking about 2nd half June here - I think we used to pay 90 euros/day and now it'd be about 120. Not the bargain it was but still competitive for what you should get if it's done up as a 4-star.

Last edited by a moderator:
obviously because it isn't finished yet we don't have photos of the new facilities just the pilot room. we understand that the new style and decor is designed to appeal to all us young urbane professionals who like a touch of class with our house music.

Good stuff we stayed in the Garbi in September and had no complaints at all definitely recommended, the rooms were grand, the pool area was cool,food was free and wasn't too bad and free WI-FI and the staff were courteous and multilingual, would recommend this place and if i go back to Ibiza id stay here again.:)

The two drawbacks were the food (well, I never make it to breakfast but my wife says it's not great) and the furniture, especially the tiny twin beds. Looks like they're remedying at least one of those!

which one as it looks in the pic that its just two singles pushed together (you can tell by the sheet!)

sad I know but this is a bugbear of mine.

... drawbacks were the food
(well, I never make it to breakfast but my wife says it's not great) ...

forget the food and especially the breakfast -
but the tall guy with no hair makes very good (and reasonable priced)
longdrink-mixtures @ the "garbi-bar".

ps:
somebody knows if they still have a kitchenette/refrigerator in every room ?

pps:
did the garbi-disco get an upgrade to 4-stars, too ?

Yes they do.
Mine was always stocked with beer & Aquarius :D
they closed for renovations the day after space-closing.
i wanted to know if fridge etc is still there for the 08season,
not 07 or older ...

nothing mentioned on their website -
so the kitchenette/fridge is gone !?

"...
COMFORT
All the spacious rooms (up to 3 people) now have a stylish, modern design
with that all-important air conditioning.
There is an modern bathroom, satellite TV and phone.
..."

Last edited by a moderator:
But the question on everyone's lips is...will Club Garbi still do it's Wet T-Shirt nights?

Still can't make my mind on where to stay this year, the rooms do look like they've been improved abit from when we stayed there a couple of years ago. There's the obvious draw of the garbi disco too;) oh decisions!!! Close to Space if Sarah decides to leave me too it again :?:?:confused: decisions!!!!

Disgraceful - I see how it works.

Gordon Brown finally denounces the terrible election situation in Zimbabwe (in a shameless attempt to take eyes away from recent budget) and at the same time we and (the Spanish government) allow comical aging dictator Robert to buy and then refurbish a dubious hotel peddling wet T-shirt competitions into a boutique hotel in Playa den Bossa !!

Mark my words - this will end in tears (or revolution, or more drunk folk roaming the streets near Figeuratas) !

I for one will me informing the Daily Mail.

Back