Clockwork Orange @ Printworks 21st September

Saw some of the livestream - some a lot better than others

Feedback has been both positive & negative especially about the drink queues and ladies toilets

I’ve never felt PW is a good venue for CW after last year, hence I didn’t go to this one

Middle-aged women = lots of toilet visits :lol: (not that middle-aged men are any different!)

Can also imagine that the crowd at CW is going to be buying more drinks that the typical Printworks crowd, so can understand how the bars might be understaffed.

Always was a weird fit for me. That interior is fit for dark, strip-backed dance music. Not really the aesthetic for vocal house

Well it was actually very good. Tall Paul and Seb played a harder, slightly trancey, techy set which fitted the venue perfectly, even reminding me of Turnmills. Jason Bye was also good. I think they’re trying to evolve the sound a bit, it wasn’t the same old classics on repeat this time.

Bar and toilet queues were bad at first, but eased off after a couple of hours.

Different to normal Clockwork’s, I thoroughly enjoyed it.....apart from the f***ing bongo player! Jesus, let me hear the tunes! At least he didn’t play during the main sets.

Next one Fabric. Very good lineup too. Bring it on!

I went along again and had a great time... took my daughter and her boyfriend for the first time as well. Toilets and bar queues were a nightmare until about 7 o'clock but i suppose when everyones stuff kicked in they drank less (i was strictly beers for obvious reasons) Music was great as usual and i ventured into the dark room for an hour for a classics trance set. Sound isn't great in there tbh and towards the back of the main room it's too quiet as well but i suppose it would cause a horrible clash otherwise.

They had the balconies open to everyone because the VIP was behind the stage this time so we wandered up and found a massive bar with no queues, loads of seating and virtually spotless toilets so spent the rest of the evening up on the balcony with that little oasis right next to us. The first rule of secret bar is don't talk about secret bar

Back