Circo opening 21st May

Life of Rye

So the day started with us sat waiting outside the Restaurant called Valencia by WIPS at 0840 as we wanted a fry up and the guy opening up said they would be ready for service just after 9am... Even WIPS being 24hr wasn't open - clearly just out of peak season.
I got myself the full works and it went down a treat - Hash browns, Sausage, scrambled egg, beans, toast. Much needed fuel for the day ahead but no where near enough for our plans.
WIPS opened shortly after so we proceeded there for our next required bit of fuel... A big bottle of JD which I can point out was missing a 0 off the end of 24euro - lets hope they don't find out what OBC are charging...
So its 10am and we make our self comfortable on the beach which was completely empty. We opened up the JD and started to drink with the JBL on the side. What I soon discovered and maybe it was due to the time of day we were drinking but after 3 strong cups I was already feeling it!
Mid day and we quickly change and moved along to OBC which was dead! So much that we were offered a couple of single beds for 20euro each which apparently also made a tab which of course wouldn't have gone very far! we simply were fine with sitting in the shade by the bar drinking our 11euro redbull mixers we didn't want to sunbathe so passed up on the offer. This was when we started talking so much waffle and after a couple of these mixers it soon became Circo time! We were pretty wasted at this time and it became a real laugh on route back to the hotel as you can imagine everything turns funny. Music in room blasting, shower, changed and finish off the bottle of JD we then went to grab a bus.
Turns out no direct bus we have to change at Ibiza town which is easy sober.... Something we thought could be achieved drunk as well.... Ibiza town there we were and ended up getting lost in the process of getting this next bus. We briefly split and I was then in a panic thinking we were never going to make it to DC10, I stand in the road in the hope I can flag a taxi down. This felt like forever but in reality was like a minute until I spot one and pull him up. A short wait to work out where my brother was we both jumped in and off we went.
Tickets 60euro at the door we pay up and in we went - This is roughly 5pm I guess I didn't check or neither was bothered I just wanted to get stuck in... well I tried to but I quickly realised I couldn't even carry myself and my coordination was terrible so I decide to sit down and sober up a little. No idea how long this took to happen but at some point I realised I was good to go and we went roaming. I recall being in the main room for Richy Ahmed for a while - a real pleasure to be able to stand smack in the middle and just get lost in the music with no one in your way I really did take that opportunity as I knew it wouldn't last long. The atmosphere was superb and everyone was in such a happy mood full of energy for the long shift ahead. The night was quite a blur whilst very enjoyable but what has stuck in my memory and what I really want to get to is that Apollonia blew my mind. His choice of music, in the garden, dusk, room to dance at the front by the tree gave my whole body tingles. I even had tears building up at times with emotion I was enjoying it so much (No drugs involved). It could have been the massive consumption of alcohol this day but it really was by far the best DJ set I have heard or experienced for me personally and as I say not a disco biscuit was consumed by this point. Seth also delivered massively and by 1am when the clapping had finished at the end of his set we were pretty much spent by this point. We attempted to get into one of the rooms to carry on but it was impossible! We both returned home and sat spaced out in the room listening to music until about 4ish.
A day very well spent!

apollonia is three guys not just one ;)

glad you had a good time.

the terrace and main room always get very busy once the garden shuts but this time it was actually bearable. once you soldiered in there were spots where you had some space - just need to know where. but yeah, you already had a long day and lots of alcohol so understand you maybe didn't have the stamina for that anymore!

Back