Circo Loco is heading to Birmingham, UK

Looks great. Timings especially. Shame that it's Easter weekend.. Could have made any other weekend in April at the moment. So won't be going.

Considering 6-8hour warehouse parties often get up to £25+ these days, day tickets to festivals like Global come in at over £60 and that this is a full-on major Easter daytime event running 13 hours noon to 1am I actually think the price is about what they can get away with and still sell out for the "special occasion" type of event it is in UK terms. A regular Circo Loco in Ibiza is 35-40Euros for 10hours. People stump up because that's the 'going rate'... when the sun is shining in a foreign country and you can only do it for 3 months of the year !

With a 4,000 capacity though, tickets might not sell out quite as fast as the last one.. but it certainly won't be an 'intimate underground affair'. Looks like Hot Natured & Visionquest after-parties can take you right through the night and all day Sunday too if you want.. if you stump up more for those. Guess big brands cost money an the "nu-kids" will be all over them waving their wallets .. as usual .. whether they like the music or not. Circo Loco is not "underground" these days. Especially throwing a hat in the ring with Hot Natured and Visionquest on UK home turf. So the big brand party premium is predictable.

Still, have to say I personally baulk at paying these prices in clubs for commercialized offerings even if the music is good. When I think that in Germany you can do 24-36+ hour parties in fantastic clubs with amazing lineups and nice crowds every weekend for 12-15Euros door charge and very reasonably priced drinks... these events are only "worth" the money because people are prepared to pay and the choice over here is so limited.

Bet it is full of pretty's and nonce's to. I saw on the FB page you put up the other day it was littered with folk asking how to get VIP ffs felt like abusing them all :lol: Defo wont be an epic event with an intimate feel so I still feel its over price.

But I dont think the price is right.

I have bought tickets until 7am and all in they are £58. If it wasn't for the fact that my mate has a flat around the corner so I have no transport or digs to pay for I would think twice.

I have bought tickets until 7am and all in they are £58. If it wasn't for the fact that my mate has a flat around the corner so I have no transport or digs to pay for I would think twice.

:spank: £58 is shocking but now its paid at least you can look forward to a good day/night. Should be a real banger if you are doing the whole thing.
Q club is shutting down this year to be turned into offices apparently. Had the likes of Beyer and Vath play there but Speedy J is the headline in the techno room/arena this time it'll do for me. Brum does seem to have a decent electronic music scene shame Nottingham doesnt follow suit. We do have eats everything in Nottingham at the end of the month though....BANGING :D

I have vague memories of Q but from ages ago, sometime in the '90's I think. I don't know what Brum's scene is like at all now to be honest, I stopped regularly clubbing nearly 10 years ago. I don't think I ever did Nottingham, Passion in Coalville and Prpgress in Derby were probably about as close as I ever got.

I will look into Eats Everything, Nottingham is a nice trip from Tamworth.

I have vague memories of Q but from ages ago, sometime in the '90's I think. I don't know what Brum's scene is like at all now to be honest, I stopped regularly clubbing nearly 10 years ago. I don't think I ever did Nottingham, Passion in Coalville and Prpgress in Derby were probably about as close as I ever got.

I will look into Eats Everything, Nottingham is a nice trip from Tamworth.
Claude vonstroke is headlining to 8) been years since I saw him though, got Todd Terjie coming up in feb to although I like some of his tunes I havent really heard him DJ. EE is at stealth by the way.

Blimey, that is a blast from the past. I thought that had shut years ago. Have a good one then.
I was there many moons ago for Renaissance 2nd Birthday. We got the bus/ferry from dublin arrived in Birmingham around 8pm more or less straight into the club left around 6am and got the 7:30am bus back to dublin.:eek:

Back