Christmas in ibiza

Liv

First time heading to ibiza in December. Must admit I'm pretty excited to see how beautiful our beloved island is without the masses. Arrive 20-30th. I'm usually in U.K. Or back in SA. No idea what to expect regarding shopping for Christmas Day lunch. My hubby is somewhat of a traditionalist, turkey & Brussels sprouts I prefer the BBQ & salad option which I normally do in U.K (rain or snow) anyway! But it might be nice / easier to eat out if anything like that exsists?

Are there any restaurants we could go to on Christmas Day? I see la escerolla is open everyday for lunch, but don't see Christmas being open. Kind of presume everything will be closed.

Any festivals/fireworks?

Best church for midnight mass? I'm not religious but for some reason I love the high church incense / chanting experience on Christmas Eve.

Keen on a boogie one night; anyone willing to point me in the direction of Christmas mischief would be much appreciated. I doubt we'll be approached for offers in PBD at this time of year. A PM would make my Christmas!

We are planning a trip this year just after Christmas for a bit of a chill out break. We are considering doing a road trip from the U.K. do the ferry’s run frequently to Ibiza from Spain between Christmas and new year? Are they very expensive?

You should have 2 or 3 ferries à week at this period from Barcelona. No idea from Dénia.
Generally it's around 400€ for a car and 2 adults without cabin.
For my next trip in June I pay 378€ with Trasmed.

Last edited:
Back