Child Modelling

jjinit

Anyone got experience with them?
Basically we have submitted some pictures of our little bundle of joy to 2 of the more reputable agencies and they have both invited us in for test shots, but they both want money to do this (approx £120) to cover various costs, now my first impression was to not bother with them as its well documented in the industry that a reptutable agy doesnt do this and anyone that does is scamming you. However, having researched in a bit more, it tends to be that all child agys do charge a set up fee of some kind. Does anyone have knowledge/experience on this matter?

Thanks

No a bit dubious with things like this.

Missus always goes on about doing it but the kids get pulled and dragged about to try and get a pose out of them which I don't like.

My little boy is like me right moody when having to have photo done. Little girl is totally opposite and loves it.

Most agencies want a few quid too up front with no gurantee of work.

So I dunno really. It depends on how you feel and circumstances at the time.

I think with most agencies you do have to pay something up front but if its an extortionate amount I would think twice!

Dont do it!!!

urgh - its just horrible... an old friend who I met up with a couple of years ago at a birthday bash got her daughter involved in this after she was approached whilst on holiday to take her child for a free test shots for a modelling agency.... (she didnt pay for anything)

She did it - the kids had some magazine and tv ads but jeez what a pushy parent.... and the kid is just not a kid - she's dressed up all the time, she doesnt play out in case she has an accident and gets "marked" all she thinks about is potential earnings...

I just think its wrong making money off the back of your kids and a little bit :?:?

Dont do it!!!

urgh - its just horrible... an old friend who I met up with a couple of years ago at a birthday bash got her daughter involved in this after she was approached whilst on holiday to take her child for a free test shots for a modelling agency.... (she didnt pay for anything)

She did it - the kids had some magazine and tv ads but jeez what a pushy parent.... and the kid is just not a kid - she's dressed up all the time, she doesnt play out in case she has an accident and gets "marked" all she thinks about is potential earnings...

I just think its wrong making money off the back of your kids and a little bit :?:?

I hardly think we fall into the above category and the money (should we make any) is for Naiya, it will be going into a savings account for her.........once Daddy has taken his 10% ;)

My only advice is to stop being the archetypal pushy parent/isn't our cherub the most beautiful thing in the world/Dear Watchdog...they seemed so genuine... cliche and just enjoy your childs wonderful-ness for yourself.

I'm only telling you what you already know.;)

My only advice is to stop being the archetypal pushy parent/isn't our cherub the most beautiful thing in the world/Dear Watchdog...they seemed so genuine... cliche and just enjoy your childs wonderful-ness for yourself.

I'm only telling you what you already know.;)

yeah, you're not wrong!!

Make her earn her crust I say! :lol:

Look she is a little beauty, but don't pay ANY modelling agency fees up front. It's THE RULE!

Make her earn her crust I say! :lol:

Look she is a little beauty, but don't pay ANY modelling agency fees up front. It's THE RULE!

Mark, have you had your baby yet, it seems like ages ago you said you were having a baby?? Have I missed an announcement??

Mark, have you had your baby yet, it seems like ages ago you said you were having a baby?? Have I missed an announcement??

God i know - it feels like years since we found out!

But Andrea is due in two weeks! We're having a little girl (the littler the better for 'er sake!:eek:) and we're going to call her Mia. Very excited - and nervous!

I discovered that Mia already has a full sized wardrobe of her own full of clothes plus a full chest of draws- i peeked in her nursery the other day and found it full of so many clothes i think Andreas being taking her frustrations at not being able to buy clothes for herself out on the baby. :lol: kenzo t-shirts for toddlers? hilarious!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back