Cheap flights

I’m playing Russian roulette with my flight home next week. Prices have doubled, but when I looked at the same days last week they were half the price a couple of days before. I’m not paying double now, so either prices do come down, I look at other options, or I pay two times (or more) the price of a couple of weeks back 🫣😂

Oh, another difference between Jet2 and Ryanair is that, at Manchester, Ryanair use T3 which seems to have quicker security and immigration than T2, which Jet2 use, however at least both avoid the gawdamm awful T1. To be fair, when I returned from Malaga with Jet2 this spring, immigration in T2 was a breeze. But...but...miles of corridors to the station with the moving walkways broken.

Just seen a news story that Monarch are coming back in some shape or form as business ownership has changed and a website name has appeared.

I actually miss their bonkers flight times for the variety :)

Just seen a news story that Monarch are coming back in some shape or form as business ownership has changed and a website name has appeared.

I actually miss their bonkers flight times for the variety :)
I noticed that, will be Dan Air next (eeek...) although the reincarnation of FlyBe didn't last long??

Think one airline will go back to charging a higher fare but that includes all the add-ons (20kg bags, meal etc) but that won't interest me, I would rather have a low base fare and add-on what I want (and leave what I don't). Helps those who are flying out for a weekend and only need that small carry-on bag and don't mind sitting between Giant Haystacks and Big Daddy on the middle row.

Anyone had issues going to/from the UK to Ibiza r/e the ATC shutdown yesterday? Just looked and can only see two cancellations from IBZ today, and one of them would be my "normal" Tues flight home, LS170!!!

Anyone had issues going to/from the UK to Ibiza r/e the ATC shutdown yesterday? Just looked and can only see two cancellations from IBZ today, and one of them would be my "normal" Tues flight home, LS170!!!
Yea, seems a mess. People with cancelled flights yesterday struggling to rebook. Some people out there have only been offered flights next weekend !

missus is flying out to join me on Thurs from Gatwick... all a bit nervy. Easyjet already cancelled her once in Scotland this year

One of our mates was delayed seven hours, another bumped off.

Sh!t show.
And I bet they didn't get food/drinks vouchers either while they were waiting? Also, at seven hours compo should be paid, but the problem wasn't the airline's fault though...so is compo gonna be paid??

And I bet they didn't get food/drinks vouchers either while they were waiting? Also, at seven hours compo should be paid, but the problem wasn't the airline's fault though...so is compo gonna be paid??
No. It falls under extraordinary circumstances.

One thing that’s bothering me is the amount of people seemingly without travel insurance. Claims of people sleeping on sun loungers, airports - moaning about having to wait 2-7 days for a flight.

Just sort yourself out, claim back from the airline or travel insurance 🤷🏻‍♂️

One thing that’s bothering me is the amount of people seemingly without travel insurance. Claims of people sleeping on sun loungers, airports - moaning about having to wait 2-7 days for a flight.

You can bet the insurance companies will try to wriggle out of it. First thing they will say is "go to the airline" which won't be of much use. But yes flyers should have insurance, and there's something at the back of my mind which says in future, those outside the EU/EEA requiring ETIAS will have to have (at least health) insurance in order to get one. Not 100% on that though....anyone??

Couldn't agree more! It's really not hard to get travel insurance and a very small price to pay for the piece of mind it brings.

I got to the airport to fly home one year and couldn't find my passport! All my mates got on there flight and there I was stranded in Ibiza airport with no idea what to do and after indulging for a good few days panic started to set in!

Randomly decided to get a taxi back to San An when I eventually remembered I had travel insurance through my bank.

Called the insurance to find out my cover and turns out it ended up covering 3 nights all inclusive in Grand Palladium White Sands Resort, emergency passport and flights home, plus also managed to squeeze in an extra night out, Dixon's closing at Pacha, although that was at my own expenses!

Moral of the story, always have travel insurance you never know when it come in handy!

Couldn't agree more! It's really not hard to get travel insurance and a very small price to pay for the piece of mind it brings.

I got to the airport to fly home one year and couldn't find my passport! All my mates got on there flight and there I was stranded in Ibiza airport with no idea what to do and after indulging for a good few days panic started to set in!

Randomly decided to get a taxi back to San An when I eventually remembered I had travel insurance through my bank.

Called the insurance to find out my cover and turns out it ended up covering 3 nights all inclusive in Grand Palladium White Sands Resort, emergency passport and flights home, plus also managed to squeeze in an extra night out, Dixon's closing at Pacha, although that was at my own expenses!

Moral of the story, always have travel insurance you never know when it come in handy!
*Takes notes for next year......*

we had to wait about 10 hrs for a vueling flight in 2019. they gave us a 3€ voucher.

in the old days, you’d get a free hot meal

professional shysters now, all of them

Agreed. Travel insurance has never let me down with air traffic controller strikes, baggage handler strikes etc - always worth getting a good annual policy.

I really can’t believe all these people on the news etc haven’t got it, surely

Agreed. Travel insurance has never let me down with air traffic controller strikes, baggage handler strikes etc - always worth getting a good annual policy.

I really can’t believe all these people on the news etc haven’t got it, surely
One of the problems I read about was people having single trip policies where they only cover themselves to the last day of their holiday, then anything that happens after midnight of that then the insurance don’t want to know.

Back