Cheap flights

I'm writing this Saturday 1340 (UK time) and although I'm flying out Monday afternoon, had a check and there's a Jet2 flying from Manchester at around 1800 with a base price of about £50. As I'm virtually packed, I was severely tempted to buy and have an extra couple of days!

Cheapies like that, very last minute, probably won't ever be available July/August, but worth a try!

There is a downside, just looking at Booking.com hotel rooms (Ibiza town/Figuretas) are in short supply, so what I would have gained would be wiped out by Eurostars charging £645 for 2 nights :mad: (Vibra Vila's under £300 mind). Plenty in San An it appears.

*Note to self* always have your bags and passport ready for a quick dash to the airport anyways!!

Last edited:
Question - if you fly from the UK to Barcelona with the intention of a connecting flight to Ibiza, do you have to clear immigration at Barcelona (and get your stamp) therefore have to go through security again to get to the Ibiza flight - or is there a way those with connections can avoid that (ie a separate immigration desk airside)?

Of course the issue is you are changing from an international flight to domestic.

You get your stamp when you first arrive in the EU and not for internal flights, just one lot of immigration

You get your stamp when you first arrive in the EU and not for internal flights, just one lot of immigration
I get that, but whereabouts would you get that stamp @ Barcelona, if you are transferring? I assume you have to follow the crowd through immigration, get stamped, and then go through security again to board your domestic flight?

Or is it possible to go through immigration, customs and then through some kind of connections corridor back into the terminal as you are still within the "sterile" zone so can avoid security? Ie a corridor after customs but before leaving the sterile zone?

I get that, but whereabouts would you get that stamp @ Barcelona, if you are transferring? I assume you have to follow the crowd through immigration, get stamped, and then go through security again to board your domestic flight?
No, just once and then you are in the terminal for domestic flights with your hand baggage already checked

It would only be if you had to collect and re-check in your checked luggage for your second flight that you would need to do security procedures again

Managed to get flights next month for £140 return, helped by the fact they are both BA who still have standard hand luggage, unlike everyone else who seem to charge a variable rate that always takes the flight combo to £200+ no matter how much each separate flight is.

Managed to get flights next month for £140 return, helped by the fact they are both BA who still have standard hand luggage, unlike everyone else who seem to charge a variable rate that always takes the flight combo to £200+ no matter how much each separate flight is.

There weirdly seem to be some really good flight offers around at the moment. I’m sure all airlines have this option, but if you have the BA App, go to menu, cheapest fares, and gives you the cheapest days. Some amazing offers in July-Sep still. Example below (includes proper size hand baggage and all taxes):

IMG_1887.jpeg

I flew back to Spain from Glasgow today with Jet 2. An altogether more satisfying experience than Ryanair or Easyjet. But people on wine and g&ts at 8am!! 👀

Industrial action elsewhere in Europe caused havoc at Gatwick yesterday. Seemingly we are heading for more of the same today...

Anyone know if the Spanish government are continuing their scheme to get their old folks holidays over the winter again? Looking to book flights in November and was happy to see locals in the hotels as they got to bed by 11 and weren't a noisy nuisence!

Notice though flights in November to the Costa del Sol are over £200 basic, happily though the hotels seem to be reasonably cheap.

I flew back to Spain from Glasgow today with Jet 2. An altogether more satisfying experience than Ryanair or Easyjet. But people on wine and g&ts at 8am!! 👀
I hate Jet2's tinny musac and blaring announcements! All three are pretty much the same, but (for a price) you can bag the first row on Ryanair and have no seat in front - bliss!! Think Jet2 and Easyjet give you more legroom up front but there's a partition between the seats and door.

On the plus side for Jet2, I think their cabin bags can be slightly bigger than the other two.

I hate Jet2's tinny musac and blaring announcements! All three are pretty much the same, but (for a price) you can bag the first row on Ryanair and have no seat in front - bliss!! Think Jet2 and Easyjet give you more legroom up front but there's a partition between the seats and door.

On the plus side for Jet2, I think their cabin bags can be slightly bigger than the other two.

you don’t sit in other people’s discarded phlegm on Jet 2, whereas Ryanair staff are not ‘authorised‘ to clean it up. You have racks and cupholders on Jet 2. There’s even somewhere to put your knees. These details are significant in my world.

My experiences with Jet2 have been hit and miss. The 6 hour delay out to Ibiza in June was crap. Yes there was compensation but the customer service onboard the flight as we waited on the tarmac for an hour or so before being returned to the gate was rubbish.

I’ve decided to stick with them in September for my Ibiza trip so I hope there’s no dramas this time 😬

Sure, everyone will have different experiences, and all the airlines are imho criminal organisations, but i guess when it’s a tossup between punctuality and not being treated like a pig, most will opt for the former

My experiences with Jet2 have been hit and miss. The 6 hour delay out to Ibiza in June was crap. Yes there was compensation but the customer service onboard the flight as we waited on the tarmac for an hour or so before being returned to the gate was rubbish.

I’ve decided to stick with them in September for my Ibiza trip so I hope there’s no dramas this time 😬

Jet2's bigger baggage allowance is a plus, and they employ their own ground staff so less likely to be impacted by strikes, but the planes tend to be older. Saying that the Ryanair one I went on the other year wasnt exactly fresh from the factory either.

From Manchester? There’s been no end of problems with Jet2 from Manchester these past few months. I’ve been following a Manchester Airport group (I know, I’m sad 😁) on Facebook and there’s a few posts every week about Jet2 aircraft either returning or being diverted due to problems with the aircraft.

From Manchester? There’s been no end of problems with Jet2 from Manchester these past few months. I’ve been following a Manchester Airport group (I know, I’m sad 😁) on Facebook and there’s a few posts every week about Jet2 aircraft either returning or being diverted due to problems with the aircraft.
Nah from bristol - although they did fly us a plane down from Manchester to get us to Ibiza in the end 😂

Back