Cheap flights

It's interesting, claiming to reach 130 kph. Curious what their routes would be.
How much space do they need to land/take off? Thinking probably more than a helicopter but far less than a standard aircraft? If so they could use a corner of the current airport and fly between the Balearics, maybe even Formentera if they converted a salt pan to a landing pitch!!

But not much use (compared to ferries) if you have to go through security...check your bags in...wait an hour to board....collect bags at the other end....

Crazy cheap flights from Norse Airways (old Norwegian Air) to US.

Norse is technically not old Norwegian Air. It's confusing, and airline investors based on Norway have a lot to answer for:

Norwegian Air is the "old" budget airline that almost went bankrupt during the pandemic. They had to sell a number of their slots and planes to survive. But they survived. The shareholders got wiped out.

Norse Atlantic is a new airline that was established during the pandemic with the aim to take advantage of the then cheap leasing deals for new planes - and the misfortune of Norwegian Air. They bought up a number of the slots that were previously used by Norwegian Air. They have lost a lot of money, but have survived.

Flyr is the 3rd such Norway/Oslo-connected airline. Flyr was established to do the same as Norse (try and take over traffic from the struggling Norwegian Air) although for Norway to European destinations. But Norwegian Air bounced back from possible bankrupcy, with the result being that Flyr went bankrupt a few weeks ago.

It's safe to say that Norway/Oslo-based investors have had enough of starting new airlines for the foreseeable future.

Norse is technically not old Norwegian Air. It's confusing, and airline investors based on Norway have a lot to answer for:

Norwegian Air is the "old" budget airline that almost went bankrupt during the pandemic. They had to sell a number of their slots and planes to survive. But they survived. The shareholders got wiped out.

Norse Atlantic is a new airline that was established during the pandemic with the aim to take advantage of the then cheap leasing deals for new planes - and the misfortune of Norwegian Air. They bought up a number of the slots that were previously used by Norwegian Air. They have lost a lot of money, but have survived.

Flyr is the 3rd such Norway/Oslo-connected airline. Flyr was established to do the same as Norse (try and take over traffic from the struggling Norwegian Air) although for Norway to European destinations. But Norwegian Air bounced back from possible bankrupcy, with the result being that Flyr went bankrupt a few weeks ago.

It's safe to say that Norway/Oslo-based investors have had enough of starting new airlines for the foreseeable future.
Thanks for the clarification. Looks like Norwegian air is oy doing domestic flights now? I thought they had folded after entering bankruptcy protection.

Thanks for the clarification. Looks like Norwegian air is oy doing domestic flights now? I thought they had folded after entering bankruptcy protection.
Norwegian had to drop their Trans-Atlantic and SEA destinations. Now they fly from Norway to just about everywhere in Europe, as well as a few destinations in Turkey, Israel and Morocco. They are still big in the domestic market in Norway.

Okay, after shocking prices when I looked last month, found some decent ones today and booked both flights and rooms. 5 nts end June (Mon/Sat) Royal Plaza £498+£15 taxes, flight with priority + front row seat + fasttrax and good times too (afternoon both ways) £247.

So I'm actually £300 better off than budgeted, although my original budget was for 6 nights not 5, but that would have included an early morning return flight which would have meant a shit night before (early bed, little booze etc) so I reckon I'm quids in.

So after a bit of an early panic, Ibiza June as usual here I come.

Now, let's try for the thunderstorm season end Sept for my b/day!!

Cheapest for me on Skyscanner at the minute (25th sept - 2nd oct) is £160 p/p from London, then the next is £258 p/p from East Midlands. We don’t fancy a flight back and then having to get back to Sheffield from London. Kicking myself as we could have got flights just before Christmas for £125 p/p from birmingham.

Warning to watchout for airport parking prices going up and up, been on a couple of business trips where its been more to park than it has for the flights and the car parks werent full as its winter so they cant say its due to demand. All these costs really add up on a trip away now :(

Cheapest for me on Skyscanner at the minute (25th sept - 2nd oct) is £160 p/p from London, then the next is £258 p/p from East Midlands. We don’t fancy a flight back and then having to get back to Sheffield from London. Kicking myself as we could have got flights just before Christmas for £125 p/p from birmingham.
Think tactically for Sept/Oct might be worth pretending to book and getting as far as "seating" where you then have an idea of how well the flight is selling (then cancel the procedure). If there are a few seats left only, then expect prices to stay high or even rise, but as I expect most - if not all - planes to be practically empty empty therefore at some stage the price must fall to fill them?
C'mon, late September? Hundreds for a flight?? Feckoff.

Flights are definitely fluctuating. BA yesterday from Gatwick at short notice was £57. About £100 extra for Business.

Still showing for some next week flights too.

Just seen an article saying Jet2 adding flights from Manchester in March next year

now sometimes these articles are misleading as they will say airlines have added flights but really they are just returning after winter...but that does feel like an early start to flights from the North of England

FYI - UK to introduce ETA requirements this fall.

That will eventually be the requirement for EU citizens wanting to visit the UK. Seeing as the majority only travel throughout Europe with ID cards, they are highly unlikely to want to buy a passport and ETA just to visit our septic isles and give us their money.

However, despite all this bureaucracy, if any EU wishes to avoid immigration scrutiny, they can travel to the Republic of Ireland, enter with just that ID card, then cross over the open border to the UK unchallenged (either by road/rail into N Ireland and on from there, or a ferry/flight from Dublin as all you need is some kind of ID such as driver's licence...if asked for at all).

Pathetic.

Just seen an article saying Jet2 adding flights from Manchester in March next year

now sometimes these articles are misleading as they will say airlines have added flights but really they are just returning after winter...but that does feel like an early start to flights from the North of England
Can't recall Jet2 ever having flights that early in the year (to Ibiza); Ryanair seem to have been the early starters usually around easter.

Back