Chances of getting work

Paul581

I'm new to this forum but I was in Ibiza during the summer of 2004 and absolutely fell in love with the island and want to go back and work for the summer of 2005. It's a bit far from where I live (Vancouver, Canada), so I don't want to waste my time and go there and not be able to get work.

Here's a bit about me

1. I speak fluent English, Spanish, Portuguese and French. I have basic knowledge of German and can understand Italian.

2. I have EU citizenship.

3. I have a bachelor's degree in history.

4. I have customer service experience (worked as a cashier and later as a customer service manager).

I am basically looking for a job like tour rep or something of that sort. I'm hoping that my language skills can help, though I speak Castillian not Catalan. I'm not sure if that matters though since I spoke to everyone in Castillian and didn't hear much Catalan even though everything is written in Catalan. Though I can comprehend most spoken Catalan (in Barcelona I found it much more prevalent).

Anyway if someone could tell me what my chances of decent work are and if I can afford a small place to live and have a bit of money left over on the side to do some clubbing. I also plan to bring my cousin with me so she can find a job and we'd share a place. She also speaks fluent Spanish as well as English.

Your knowledge of fluent languages will put in a very very good position to get a job quickly.

u could get any job with no qualifications.

but with ur CV there could be some Good jobs out there for u

Well I'm glad to hear that it shouldn't be to hard to find employment. I guess I'm just worried because it's really far from home for me and I'm worried about showing up and not finding a job. I wish I had gone to Ibiza when I was 18 and had worked, but since I'll be finished with university, I want to try it out as kind of my last summer of fun. I just hope to find something that will pay enough for me to live there and have a little extra to go clubbing.

Back