catalina?

Hi everyone,
im off to ibiza from 2nd - 9th september and cant wait!
Im staying at the catalina this year and wondered if any of you have stayed there and what is it like?
Iv read a few reviews on different websites but there arent really that many of them. Iv booked it because of the view its meant to have and because of its location near mambo and the west end etc, any idea if the view is really that good?
Any info on it would be great.
Thanks all and enjoy your holidays x

hi mate,

i stayed there in 2006, it was basic, but nice. we requested a sea view also, but didnt get much of a view. u cud see the sea but at an angle.

the location is possibly the best and closest location u can get to the sunset strip. come out of the hotel and u are on savannah's door step. quite literally. so it was really nice to go down and watch sunset in shorts and t-shirts, see all the top dj's at cafe mambo for the pre-party, and then 2mins later be in the shower and getting ready to hit the clubs. west end is 5mins away.

id give it 6 or 7 out of 10 prob, after all, u only spend time in ur room to get ready and sleep.

im looking for info on the don pepe apartments in san an...........anyone stayed there before?

aint booked it yet but its quite cheap for september when we are going. please, any info?

Sleep? hahaha thats a good one! Only joking!

Thanks for the info tho, it was nice to hear a review that didnt say anything along the lines of we got robbed or dont ever go there!!

Im gonna make sure i get moved to a nice sea view room if i get a crap one!!!

A few people on other review sites said that the shower stopped working when they were in it, did this happen to you?

Thanks again, hope you have a great time while your out there
Jade x

Hi,h-e-j, have not stayed there myself,but know someone who has,she had a studio looking on to the rear,no view at all! Ground-ish or first floor? Although she had no problems security wise be extra careful if you have a low balcony or are streetside.(this goes for anywhere)Also,make sure you know who you are opening the door to,this is quite a busy place,residents who know each other (or not)knocking on doors etc. I think you will only get a good seaview if on the front or streetside front-ish corner,but anyway good location,if you want to be in this area..:) One other thing I think this property is now in the hands of GPS,so don't be surprised if you get sent elsewhere (might be better) sorry not all positive,but better to tell it like it is I think...:!:

Sleep? hahaha thats a good one! Only joking!

Thanks for the info tho, it was nice to hear a review that didnt say anything along the lines of we got robbed or dont ever go there!!

Im gonna make sure i get moved to a nice sea view room if i get a crap one!!!

A few people on other review sites said that the shower stopped working when they were in it, did this happen to you?

Thanks again, hope you have a great time while your out there
Jade x

no the shower was fine everytime we used it. it was a fairly quiet hotel, until one night a group of scottish girls was staying in the room next to us and made loadsa noise. so the bloke on reception had a massive go at them and they soon shut up.

i cant say a bad word about it really except the balcony we had was really tiny, u could stand on it but that was it. not great. there were bigger rooms with bigger balconys but they wouldnt move us cos there was only two of us and the larger rooms slept 3-4. so we had to stay put

have a great time too

Hi,h-e-j, have not stayed there myself,but know someone who has,she had a studio looking on to the rear,no view at all! Ground-ish or first floor? Although she had no problems security wise be extra careful if you have a low balcony or are streetside.(this goes for anywhere)Also,make sure you know who you are opening the door to,this is quite a busy place,residents who know each other (or not)knocking on doors etc. I think you will only get a good seaview if on the front or streetside front-ish corner,but anyway good location,if you want to be in this area..:) One other thing I think this property is now in the hands of GPS,so don't be surprised if you get sent elsewhere (might be better) sorry not all positive,but better to tell it like it is I think...:!:

whats gps?!!

no the shower was fine everytime we used it. it was a fairly quiet hotel, until one night a group of scottish girls was staying in the room next to us and made loadsa noise. so the bloke on reception had a massive go at them and they soon shut up.

i cant say a bad word about it really except the balcony we had was really tiny, u could stand on it but that was it. not great. there were bigger rooms with bigger balconys but they wouldnt move us cos there was only two of us and the larger rooms slept 3-4. so we had to stay put

have a great time too

thanks again mr jenx

Gps ?

Groupo Playa Sol. Overbooking on certain hotels (maybe the most popular ones)When you turn up you get sent up the road,to somewhere else....:eek: Have heard about this loads of times ....:idea:

i have stayed in the catalina twice & go again on thursday!!
cheap & cheerful, basic, clean. great accomodation for the price & its fab going to see the sunset with a jug of champagne sangria then straight back to get changed for the night

another group of friends went last year tho & fell victim to the overbooking thing they pull. they were all sent to another hotel (used to be the lacalina). they went from 5 self catering apartments with fridge, air con etc between 10 girls to 3 room only accomodation in a hotel so no fridge, kitchenette etc and more girls sharing bathrooms etc

not all rooms are sea view tho & it is a very popular hotel due to its location so to be honest i think your chances of getting moved to a good sea view room if you havent already got one are slim to nil, sorry. fingers crossed for you that you get a good room anyway

xx

One other thing I think this property is now in the hands of GPS,so don't be surprised if you get sent elsewhere (might be better) sorry not all positive,but better to tell it like it is I think...:!:

GPS?!!!

i have stayed in the catalina twice & go again on thursday!!
cheap & cheerful, basic, clean. great accomodation for the price & its fab going to see the sunset with a jug of champagne sangria then straight back to get changed for the night

another group of friends went last year tho & fell victim to the overbooking thing they pull. they were all sent to another hotel (used to be the lacalina). they went from 5 self catering apartments with fridge, air con etc between 10 girls to 3 room only accomodation in a hotel so no fridge, kitchenette etc and more girls sharing bathrooms etc

not all rooms are sea view tho & it is a very popular hotel due to its location so to be honest i think your chances of getting moved to a good sea view room if you havent already got one are slim to nil, sorry. fingers crossed for you that you get a good room anyway

xx

hehe the thought of the champagne and sunset is what attracted me to this hotel! i paid a hundred pounds extra to get a sea view so im hoping that i do get one.

thats awful what happened to your mates, did they get their money?

only 6 weeks left for me! x

Back