Catalina Hotel (Above Savannah)

Shane.Mac

Just booked my Holiday...29th July-5th Aug..

Radio 1 weekend, so should be a blinder..

Anyone stayed in these apartments/Hotel above Savannah called Catalina..???8)

We just booked them..we have sea views for the sunsets..so should be nice..:D

There seems to be some sort of controversy with the owner of this place employing slave labour in his many hotels around the island. I think he owns the most budget, get em in get em pissed hotels. He has flaunted the licence laws for this place as well.
However I'm staying there the week before you in one of the sea view rooms. From what I can tell for where it is and how much it costs it will be great. However it suffers from overbooking and brain dead receptionists.
I'm staying in another place during the week and just have the Catilina for the weekend so hopefully I can get all the bull**** out of the way before we arrive.
The reviews Ive seen have been a bit mixed but I'm not expecting luxury just the sunset view and my own fridge full of booze to enjoy it with. I reckon it could save you 60 quid a night bar bill and you will have your own balcony to observe the madness from.
Its got a Letch potential of 10 so bring some mirror sunglasses so the misses doesn't catch you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stayed at the Catalina for a week last year as was a bit worried after reading mixed reviews. We had no complaints with the place - fantastic location & stunning sea view! However there is zero security in this hotel (which is handy if you want to take people back to yours for a party;)) , but I would make sure to keep all valuables in your safety deposit box - as you would do in any hotel!!:)

Marko what was the fridge like in the hotel, one of those full size ones with an ice thingy or just one of those crappy hotel mini bar fridges? I a bit anal retentive about my fridges.

My mate is staying in the Catalina for a few days whilst we are in the Brisa for ten, we plan to spend the sunsets on his balcony the time he is there. Am pretty sure this will save us an absolute fortune, and we get to watch all the action from above. Top class.

8)

Back