CARNIVAL POOL PARTY | IBIZA ROCKS | 07/09/16

McRackin

Super Moderator
After the roaring success of Craig David's TS5 parties on sundays, Ibiza Rocks decided to do something different this week with a fun six-hour carnival pool party hosted by Toddla T.

Just on arrival I bumped into DJ Policy from Soul City in the West End, who was playing in the lobby of the hotel...

P1340249+-+copia.JPG

Downstairs in the hotel courtyard, specially decorated for the occasion, it all started with Oli P and Danny Beck plus ex-Mallorca Rocks resident DJ and MC K1R3Y on the mic...

P1340251+-+copia.JPG

Then it was the turn for Sony Music's latest signee Nadia Rose. She has played at every major UK music festival this year and is having a big impact in the urban scene. Apart from some of her own music, we heard her collaborations with Kideko & George Kwali ("Crank It") and Coco ("Big N Serious")...

P1340262+-+copia.JPG

Shy FX was next. He has played W.A.R! a few times in the past and brings his Party On The Moon to Pikes once per year. Stamina MC couldn't make it so instead he was backed by K1R3Y spreading good vibes...

P1340290+-+copia.JPG

Katy B was the big name last night. She played Ibiza Rocks in 2011 and then W.A.R! in 2012 and 2013. The crowd love her and sang every word of songs like "Turn The Music Louder", "Freak Like Me", "Honey", "Perfect Stranger" by dubstep supergroup Magnetic Man, "Lights On" and "Katy On A Mission"...

P1340362+-+copia.JPG

Named as one to watch in 2016, Coco already appeared at W.A.R! one year ago along with his friend Toddla T to present the single "Big Bou Yah". This time he came for a longer set, the highlight being "Big N Serious" with Nadia Rose back to the podium in the middle of the dance floor...

P1340439+-+copia.JPG

BBC Radio 1's Toddla T played Ibiza Rocks in 2010 and 2013 plus multiple appearances at W.A.R!. You know things are about to get lively when he appears, pulling out all the stops with his stylistic melding...

P1340480+-+copia.JPG

Patrick Nazemi, accompanied by K1R3Y, took control of the decks for the last hour before the party was over. "One Love" and "Buffalo Soldier" by the great Bob Marley were the last two songs of the afternoon and a perfect ending...

P1340532+-+copia.JPG

Now then... will this week's experiment be an indication of things to come next year at Ibiza Rocks and W.A.R!? We'll have to wait and see!

Only one Ibiza Rocks date left with the mighty Wolf Alice to bring summer 2016 to a spectacular close... tickets here:
:arrow: http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/night/promoters/ibiza_rocks_i.htm

Oli P said:
IM LITERALLY HAVING THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE RIGHT NOW !!!!!

DJ Policy said:
Carnival @ibizarocks was sick!!! Big up the whole team for making it happen

Nadia Rose said:
Big up! Ibiza really does rock

Katy B said:
Big love to @TODDLAT for inviting me down to the @ibizarocks #carnivalpoolparty today! Vibez upon vibez

Toddla T said:
big love to the ones @ibizarocks & @KatyB @nadiarosemusic @ShyFX @TheCocoUK for murkin yesterdays pool party .. UP!

Katy B setlist:
Turn The Music Louder
I Wanna Be
Freak Like Me
Honey
Perfect Stranger (Magnetic Man cover)
So Far Away / Feelings
Crying For No Reason
Lights On
Katy On A Mission

Back