car trouble

Minxy

oh sh1t my car exhaust has fallen off this morning, only just managed to get it to a garage.. they sais they can fix it for £140
tho the timing belt needs done and i think the brakes need looking at
lol im not painting a good picture here am i! lol
she has currently done 180,000 miles but never lets me down and always sails through the Mot no problems
so is it worth getting all the jobs done and hopefully getting another 70,000 out of her (peugot diesal 1.9) ??? or sacking her and getting another??

does anyone else have old cars??
ive noticed lots of old cars in ibiza! i reckon she would fit right on it there! lol
all the new kids these days seem to have brand new ones, what ever happened to good old fashioned banger lol

my first car was a 14 year old renault 5 it had close to 200,000 on her when I started to drive her and I drove her for about a year and a half... f**kin loved that car... but then she just croked and gave on me :(

Viva la Vintage!

J

My first car was a J reg fiesta, I went everywhere in that thing, then my dad started to use it when I got another car and it got stolen :cry:

I upgraded to an XR3i!!! Ha ha ha. An even older car.

The cam belt won't be cheap job or a small one. The exhaust and the brakes on top of that I'd say on a car with that mileage I really wouldn't throw that sort of money at it.

oh sh1t my car exhaust has fallen off this morning, only just managed to get it to a garage.. they sais they can fix it for £140
tho the timing belt needs done and i think the brakes need looking at
lol im not painting a good picture here am i! lol
she has currently done 180,000 miles but never lets me down and always sails through the Mot no problems
so is it worth getting all the jobs done and hopefully getting another 70,000 out of her (peugot diesal 1.9) ??? or sacking her and getting another??

does anyone else have old cars??
ive noticed lots of old cars in ibiza! i reckon she would fit right on it there! lol
all the new kids these days seem to have brand new ones, what ever happened to good old fashioned banger lol

mine is nearly as old as me - its L reg VW - first time round - I love my car - the rust is holding it together..... :lol::lol::lol:

My previous car was a old D reg Nissan called Dennis - my exhaust fell off on the motorway - I had the music on so loud (Up your Ronson I believe it was :lol::lol::lol:) dragged for miles with sparks coming off - people hooting me - didnt notice a thing until it finally came off and just missed a motorcyclist - really traumatised me - driving it home the noise was horrific....:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Pups that motorway things falling off story reminds me of something that happened to me...
Whilst driving my old astra (yukky pea green) home from Plymouth when I was in the Navy we got to around the Walsall Junction on the m6 on a friday evening when the traffic was really busy and I felt a couple of sudden jolts then the back offside wheel fell off when I was in the fast lane and went past us in the middle lane. That threw up a few sparks, luckily I managed to get over to the hard shoulder.:eek::eek::eek::eek:

I remember sitting on the crash barrier my hands shaking lighting a cigarette when an elderly couple who had stopped about a hundred metres up the motorway on the hard shoulder walked down to me and asked me if I was ok and had I found my dog? Saying they'd seen it jump out of the car! :?:?:lol::lol::lol:

Pups that motorway things falling off story reminds me of something that happened to me...
Whilst driving my old astra (yukky pea green) home from Plymouth when I was in the Navy we got to around the Walsall Junction on the m6 on a friday evening when the traffic was really busy and I felt a couple of sudden jolts then the back offside wheel fell off when I was in the fast lane and went past us in the middle lane. That threw up a few sparks, luckily I managed to get over to the hard shoulder.:eek::eek::eek::eek:

I remember sitting on the crash barrier my hands shaking lighting a cigarette when an elderly couple who had stopped about a hundred metres up the motorway on the hard shoulder walked down to me and asked me if I was ok and had I found my dog? Saying they'd seen it jump out of the car! :?:?:lol::lol::lol:

Oh My God --- That is the funniest thing ever!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The whole office is P*****g themselves laughing at that one.....

I must admit I really laughed later at how bizarre it was I couldn't really believe what they were asking me :?:lol::lol::lol:

Sack it off massively. I've been looking at cars lately and you can pick up a well decent car for like £700 now. Depends what you want but I wouldn't go near a 1.9 now for tax, fuel costs and generally don't think it's worthwhile if you don't need it. I'm getting a 1.2 Fiat Punto S reg for about £500 (negotiations pending) and similarly you could get a Corsa, Saxo, 106, all for the same price, granted with 50k+ on the glock but who cares... :)

Back