Car insurance question......Drew?

N

N8

When you buy a car, but still have your old one, do insurance co's usually let you have an extra car on your policy for a month say while you're selling it?

Or

Are there insurance co's who let you just buy a policy for a month?

What did you do when you bought your new Mitsi recently Drew?

N8 said:
When you buy a car, but still have your old one, do insurance co's usually let you have an extra car on your policy for a month say while you're selling it?

Or

Are there insurance co's who let you just buy a policy for a month?

What did you do when you bought your new Mitsi recently Drew?

Hi Nath.

I'm with Privilege and they suggested putting my old car as the second car as i wouldn't be really using it.

Because i live in secure grounds, i also reduced it to 'third party' insurance only.

They said i could run this for 3 months, which is very good and they also said i could do it in at 14 days intervals so that if i sold it i wouldn't be shelling out too much. They were charging me £ 25.?? (or £45.?? fully comp) every 14 days but luckily i've gone and sold it after only the first 7 days (first and only viewer) :p

What you looking at buying out of interest?

By chance found a concours condition VW Golf GTI Colour Concept with 50k on it, full history etc.......in my favourite ever car colour (jazz blue) with matching colour coded leather Recaro interior :D

Always wanted one but they're rarer than rocking horse poo, so cant not buy it really :rolleyes:

Just rang insurers and they'll cover my old car full comp for £54 a month while i'm prepping it for sale/trying to sell it....

N8 said:
By chance found a concours condition VW Golf GTI Colour Concept with 50k on it, full history etc.......in my favourite ever car colour (jazz blue) with matching colour coded leather Recaro interior :D

Always wanted one but they're rarer than rocking horse poo, so cant not buy it really :rolleyes:

Just rang insurers and they'll cover my old car full comp for £54 a month while i'm prepping it for sale/trying to sell it....

Sounds nice, go for it!

It was the same with me. The opportunity to buy the rare car was more or less put in front of me, thought about it for a day or so and went for it.

So glad i did it, especially with selling the other so quick.

Good luck with the sale ;)

Back