Car Hire/Car Seats

Buckley

Any up to date recommendations for car hire with car seats? If I can get The Muckley a passport this week, we may fly over for quick break.

All help payable in cerveza!

Any car hire company will be able to hire a car seat with it.

Yeah, I know, but was hoping someone had decent service recently and would recommend. At least one poster experienced getting a dirty car seat, according to old posts, so worth an ask for recent experiences...

I can't help with who is good but we hired from a place in cala llonga and the car seat(supposed to be baby seat) was very errr not safe to say the least! Only way of getting it in was tying on to the seat. Sounds confusing, it was :lol: Apparently the ca hire place(s) on the island wont put your seat in in case it goes wrong and they are held liable not sure if this is true, we had no instruction from the hire place other then "the straps hold baby in" so was a bit para in the case of a crash but obivously the roads are very quiet on Ibiza compared with here anyway so just took it steady and kept re checking the seat whenever we stopped.
So not much help,other then to try and ensure you can get a decent seat before you book or take your own. I know some airlines insist on a baby being in a car seat anyway these days you can get them to fit aeroplane seats then could just use that in your car on arrival and you wouldn't have to worry about how good it is. Or maybe contact some hire firms and ask if you can see a pic of the seats in advance?

Back