Car booked today....

puppylover

I only have a couple of restaurant reservations to make and that's it - Ibiza plans confirmed (well as much confirmed as Ibiza can get :lol::lol::lol:)

2 weeks to go and nothing left to arrange ho hum - going to be a long 2 weeks now me thinks.... 8)8)

Lucky cow!! ;)

I've got a long year as not going this year!! :cry::spank::evil:

Roll on Saturday night for the soiree on the Thames! 8)

I know - I spent 2005 crawling the walls when I didnt go and coming on here was horrible in the run up to June....:?:?:confused:

BUT 2006 was even better because of missing it the year before.... 8)8)

I just booked a car too!
Last piece in the puzzle for our 10-day July holiday in the former Yugoslavia. Exit Festival, then 3 days in Montenegro, then 3 days in Croatia. :D

Need to start moving on Ibiza September soon :confused:

We're staying in Dubrovnik.

Fair warning- it's as expensive as hell. Our hotel is 300 euros/night :eek: There are lots of cheaper options but they're further away from the old town. We wanted 4-star or better and close to the old town but also with a beach (so I can walk to the old town bars while Irina's sitting on the beach :lol:)... narrowed down our options. Plus it's high season.

But a decent place anywhere for less than 200 euros/night is hard to find unless you rent an apartment, which might be a good option for longer stays.

Apparently the beaches around Dubrovnik are all pebble beaches, not sand. Not sure if that makes a difference to you.

From what I read, there are a lot of cultural events (concerts, performances, etc) in the summer. Our more traditional nightlife is supposed to be OK but not spectacular, although restaurants and early evening bar-hopping are supposed to be quite good.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just booked a car too!
Last piece in the puzzle for our 10-day July holiday in the former Yugoslavia. Exit Festival, then 3 days in Montenegro, then 3 days in Croatia. :D

Need to start moving on Ibiza September soon :confused:

Dont forget I want a full rundown on Montenegro - I really fancy visiting here......

I know - I spent 2005 crawling the walls when I didnt go and coming on here was horrible in the run up to June....:?:?:confused:

BUT 2006 was even better because of missing it the year before.... 8)8)

Yeah well I have already started looking at dates for next June so it's booked out the way. Just me and the missus. Going to take the kids to Center Parcs just before for a week then go for a long weekend afterthat with the kids sent to their nans! Well that's the plan!!!

puppylover said:
Dont forget I want a full rundown on Montenegro - I really fancy visiting here......
As far as I can tell, Montenegro is supposed to be somewhat cheaper than Croatia (our 4-star hotel is only 200 euros/night there) but also less developed. The towns along their "riviera" look absolutely gorgeous especially Budva, Kotor and Herceg Novi. Kotor lies on the only fjord in southern Europe... the photos are breathtaking.

Budva is the center of it all, but you fly into Tivat which is less than 40 minutes drive away.

I'll give a few review when we get back. Now I'm all excited :D

Fair warning- it's as expensive as hell. Our hotel is 300 euros/night :eek: There are lots of cheaper options but they're further away from the old town. We wanted 4-star or better and close to the old town but also with a beach (so I can walk to the old town bars while Irina's sitting on the beach :lol:)... narrowed down our options. Plus it's high season.

But a decent place anywhere for less than 200 euros/night is hard to find unless you rent an apartment, which might be a good option for longer stays.

My mate's brother wants his stag do there! I tried telling him it's expensive and he was coming out with the usual crap that it's eastern Europe so it must be cheap! Needless to say they have had change of plan and heading for Valencia! Kids!:rolleyes:

As far as I can tell, Montenegro is supposed to be somewhat cheaper than Croatia (our 4-star hotel is only 200 euros/night there) but also less developed. The towns along their "riviera" look absolutely gorgeous especially Budva, Kotor and Herceg Novi. Kotor lies on the only fjord in southern Europe... the photos are breathtaking.

Budva is the center of it all, but you fly into Tivat which is less than 40 minutes drive away.

I'll give a few review when we get back. Now I'm all excited :D

Fabulous - look forward to that - lots of photos too please..... 8)8)

Yeah well I have already started looking at dates for next June so it's booked out the way. Just me and the missus. Going to take the kids to Center Parcs just before for a week then go for a long weekend afterthat with the kids sent to their nans! Well that's the plan!!!

ha ha - I like your style......

Apparently the beaches around Dubrovnik are all pebble beaches, not sand. Not sure if that makes a difference to you.

From what I read, there are a lot of cultural events (concerts, performances, etc) in the summer. Our more traditional nightlife is supposed to be OK but not spectacular, although restaurants and early evening bar-hopping are supposed to be quite good.

That's quite expensive to what it used to be - it didnt used to be as expensive as this..... :spank:

ha ha - I like your style......

As I said that's the plan but who knows.

If I sort the kids out with something then I don't feel so bad and also don't want them missing out something as i'm wobbling around sunburnt on a foreign island!!;)

Missus is agging me to take her to Dubai in the near future too! So I need to get it booked up before she books up something on my behalf!!!:eek:

When they were bombing it, you mean?

Got to say, Montenegro looks fantastic. It used to be the playground of the rich and famous in the sixties, and it will probably go that way again.

When they were bombing it, you mean?

Got to say, Montenegro looks fantastic. It used to be the playground of the rich and famous in the sixties, and it will probably go that way again.

Nah - years ago before the fighting broke out - in the 80's..... Loads of people I used to work with in the Civvie used to travel to Yugoslavia and Bulgaria cos it was cheap as chips......

Nah - years ago before the fighting broke out - in the 80's..... Loads of people I used to work with in the Civvie used to travel to Yugoslavia and Bulgaria cos it was cheap as chips......
No, GingerF's right. If you read up on places like Sveti Stefani in Montenegro (it's a little island, former fishermen's village, connected to tbe mainland by a small isthmus and turned into a hotel), it's had a host of ritzy guests over the years. We're staying a couple kilometers from there, about halfway between St. Stefan and Budva.

The time of cheap holidays in Croatia and Montenegro is very much over. You're off to Bulgaria if you want a cheap E. Europe beach location and even there it's gotten more expensive. Not what I expected when I booked flights for this holiday :lol:

Dubrovnik especially has gotten quite exclusive. But they (incl. Montenegro) are in that intermediate stage where demand has pushed up prices but the facilities aren't necessarily what you could get for similar money elsewhere in Europe. At least, that's what my research has shown so far... I suppose we'll find out when we get there. In theory, this should pass at some point and prices normalize, but you might be able to do better in Italy or France at this point.

No, GingerF's right. If you read up on places like Sveti Stefani in Montenegro (it's a little island, former fishermen's village, connected to tbe mainland by a small isthmus and turned into a hotel), it's had a host of ritzy guests over the years. We're staying a couple kilometers from there, about halfway between St. Stefan and Budva.

The time of cheap holidays in Croatia and Montenegro is very much over. You're off to Bulgaria if you want a cheap E. Europe beach location and even there it's gotten more expensive. Not what I expected when I booked flights for this holiday :lol:

Dubrovnik especially has gotten quite exclusive. But they (incl. Montenegro) are in that intermediate stage where demand has pushed up prices but the facilities aren't necessarily what you could get for similar money elsewhere in Europe. At least, that's what my research has shown so far... I suppose we'll find out when we get there. In theory, this should pass at some point and prices normalize, but you might be able to do better in Italy or France at this point.

After this year in Ibiza - I think I could cope pricewise :lol::lol::lol:

There is no such thing as a cheap holiday now - even if the resorts dont screw you - the airlines will with surcharges and the like....... so you just deal with it if you want to travel I think.....:?:?:confused:

Back