Budapest

supermfc

Next week i'm off to Budapest for a boozy weekend with some pals and since there is a lot of well travelled people on here thought id ask if anyone has tips, places to visit, eat etc

We're staying in the Palace District which isn't far from District VII, where i understand all of the ruin bars are located and are meant to be excellent.

Appreciate any comments, cheers!

You seem to like football- I went to watch Ferencvaros in Budapest on a stag do, we queued for memberships which included personal details and finger prints for our club membership cards. Then bought the ticket in the singing section behind the goal. All in it was less than £5!

Also did the spa party which we enjoyed, sausage fest really but a few ‘couples’ enjoying the party more than others! Think late night, tunes, drinks, smokes machine and strobes in historic outdoor baths. Not everyone’s cup of tea https://spartybooking.com/

I liked the ruin bars, all of them interesting but especially the layout/vibe of Szimpla Kert.

Memory is sketchy but I’ll come back if anything else comes back!

Thread in here previously; https://forum.ibiza-spotlight.com/threads/budapest.74654/

Cheers, much appreciated!

I like the sound of going to a footy match over there, would be a great experience!

Yeah i looked in to the spa party, there's one on the saturday night but like you said and from what i've read it is a bit male heavy!

Thanks again!

I really liked the ruin bars.
Szimpla is probably the most famous. It's pretty big. Lot's of random little rooms.
There are a few of them along Akácfa street that you can duck in and out of.

Definitely ride the old metro line. Third oldest underground railway and first in continental Europe.

If you're into that sort of thing, check out the opera! Beautiful building.

Also, do the tunnels up on the hill where the palace is. I thought it was pretty cool if touristy.

Also, do the tunnels up on the hill where the palace is. I thought it was pretty cool if touristy.

The labyrinth? I read they closed that. Shame, as it was pretty spooky/claustrophobic down there, especially if you went to one of the sessions where they put the lights out and you only had a torch.

The labyrinth? I read they closed that. Shame, as it was pretty spooky/claustrophobic down there, especially if you went to one of the sessions where they put the lights out and you only had a torch.

Yeah I went looking for that place in 2015 when I headed out to Budapest - was gutted to find it all closed!!

Using the tram is a good way to see the city too! Ended up ice skating on a boating lake not far from heroes square although I’m not sure if that would still be in use end of Feb/March time.

I’ve tried to think of the places we ate, and Budapest bistro stands out - we had a decent breakfast there, it’s not far from the parliament building.

Back