Buckley/Stu Hirst

naddyz

No longer active
we've not had a proper run down of what happened at cocoon yet have we :confused:

please spill the beans, or is it all just a hazy memory?

naddyz said:
we've not had a proper run down of what happened at cocoon yet have we :confused:

please spill the beans, or is it all just a hazy memory?

Should have written a review when I had time yesterday - won't be on here much today.

In short - the club is amazing. The setting and the sound is perfect. The restaurant is also nice but I thought the food was average, but good value, again for the ambience and the fact you're into the club free after. Took a while to get going, had a Mexican stand-off with some local folks one of Stu's mates had a transaction with - after we'd bullied them into handing over what she paid for, she later discovered he had already done so has he'd claimed:oops:.

Only disappointment was that Sven Vath didn't seem to play for very long.

More detail when I have time tomorrow...

Only real disappointment

It was a great weekend.
About 16 of us arrived at Prestwick Airport on the Thursday evening. The group was cut by two almost immediately when one of the boys had crashed his car earlier in the day (into a Cherry Picker of all things - and almost written it off !) and another couldn't find his passport (doh !).
On our flight were a group of about 10 18/19 year olds - casuing all sorts of trouble. One of them decided to spit drink down one of my mate's back, so it nearly all kicked off. Luckily we're all a bit older a wiser, had it been a few years ago, I dread to think what would have happened. That caused a bit of tension, but the beer was flowing nicely. Got to the hotel at 2am and they'd kindly re-opened the bar for us and kept on serving Erdinger and cooking pizzas until nearly 6 in the morning !
We were up at about 11am to go and do some shopping (and a look at the red light district !) - followed by some lunch and beers. We got ready and headed to Cocoon at about 7:30 for our meal. It was my second time in the club and I was quickly reminded what an unbelievable venue it is. The restaurant is a perfect setting for the pre-club food and chat - then we made our way to the bar in the main room and secured a "pod". It didn't get busy until about 12am, when Sven came on. As people know, I'm a big fan of his, but the drink had been flowing for a while and I don't remember a great deal about his set !
Was really nice to meet Judith and friends on the dancefloor (bizarrely, she was speaking to a mate of mine as I was standing right behind him !). The club thinned out by about 5am, and Pig & Dan were a little too minimal for my personal taste. Most of the group left, but a few of us made our way to Vinylbar, which was packed, so they wouldn't let us in (but the guy on the door was very apologetic).
Back to the hotel for the obligatory after party (two of them - as we couldn't all fit into one room !). One of the guys decided it would be a good idea to head to the Red Light for some, ahem, action, so two of them tottered off for an hour or two. I won't go into details, but it was the story of the weekend !
Saturday night was spent in an Irish bar with karaoke, followed by an after party in the hotel with a bottle of Jagermeister - I was still drunk when I woke up on the Sunday.
All in all, a great weekend, and I'll be making a point of going to Cocoon a few times a year.
Shame we couldn't check out Robert Johnson, hopefully next time.
With Ryanair doing cheap flights from London/Glasgow, I'd urge any techno/tech-house fan to try and get to this club, I stand by my comment that it's the best club I've been to in the world.

ah fantastic, I'm definitely going to try and get back there this year - got a friend who's ex works in frankfurt and is away on weekends :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

agreed - it's the best club I've ever been to in the world too.

Crowd good?

naddyz said:
Crowd good?

Apart from some quite unreasonable drug dealers(!), it was good enough.

Nicely cosmopolitan, though not in your face like an italian crowd at space.

It's the best designed club in the world. Pacha still grabs the Ultimate award by a nose.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stu Hirst said:
One of the guys decided it would be a good idea to head to the Red Light for some, ahem, action, so two of them tottered off for an hour or two. I won't go into details, but it was the story of the weekend !

Was that an hour? Felt like they were only gone for 10 mins. How long can it take to get a w*** from a 65 year old for 50 euros!:lol:

stu, nice review! :lol: :lol:

good to hear you all had a good time over here in frankfurt! ;)

it was very nice meeting you too!:D

did you already saw the picture of you and your friends on www.cocoonity.de????

Judith said:
did you already saw the picture of you and your friends on www.cocoonity.de????

thumb_CIMG2640.JPG

grego said:
i recognise stu and buckers............who are the other two??

who's who please, I'm not good with faces. Which one's buckers? And is stu the one in the yellow teeshirt who looks about 5 foot tall? :lol:

grego said:
i recognise stu and buckers............who are the other two??

Stephen and Gillian from New Order. Although I was always I bigger fan of Hooky's Revenge and Sumner's Electronic.

*sings*
"I don't know where to begin, living in sin, how can you talk? look where you been..."

Oh, in the photo you mean?

naddyz said:
who's who please, I'm not good with faces. Which one's buckers? And is stu the one in the yellow teeshirt who looks about 5 foot tall? :lol:

yes, the one in the yellow t-shirt is stu.
as i remember the one in the blue t-shirt is buckley, but i´m not sure....

Last edited by a moderator:
Buckley is probably standing on the other level of the dancefloor and stooping down to be honest - he's not that big !

But yes, I am vertically challenged....

Stu Hirst said:
Buckley is probably standing on the other level of the dancefloor and stooping down to be honest - he's not that big !

it's a great little composition there :lol: :lol:

agh, so jealous, need to go again.

Stu Hirst said:

Don't you remember Stu? You asked me to kneel to reduce the size difference to that shown in the pic.:lol:

I note that I am looking boozy and bloated. Must drink less!:lol:

Back