Broadband via satellite

Guisem

Hi,
I am in the process of building a villa in ibiza, and I wanted to know if anyone has any experience of using satellite dish for getting broadband in ibiza ? If so is it reliable and fast ? i have heard that the ADSL lines from telefonica are to be avoided ; so this appears to be the next best solution ; given where our house will be ( cala Moli area ) . Any feedback appreciated before we go ahead and install!

thanks

If you can get a land line, That can be the most reliable & cost effective, I only get 1meg from telefonica, but fair play it has been mostly reliable and if I have had a fault, they have been within hours,
You next option is mobile network, If you can get a signal (You can remote Ariel & wifi router to rooftop etc if need be) it is ok, A client of mine often sees 6 ish meg, But beware this will depend a bit on what mast/transmitter you are connected to in summer, It was very slow from Ibiza last year, due to all the smart-phones :) If you have android smart-phone (Maybe iphone now ?) if will turn into a 3g > wifi router with just an app, Mobile operators also offer modem etc packages,
Satellite, the technology comes on quickly and I have not worked with it for 2 ish years so there may be better out there now, But found it unreliable and expensive, Constant re-booting and poor speed`s, The two of my clients with it changed to mobile and were a "lot happier" I would only consider it as a last resort.

Tim

Thanks very much Tim for the comprehensive reply - thats helpful. The villa is as far as I understand it on the wrong side of a hill to be able to receive the island wifi signal ; which is a a shame as that appears to be the best. we are planning on having it as a rental villla ; thus need to try and work out what is going to be most reliable service for our clients and us!

thanks again

If there is anyone else out there who has some more recent experience of using satellite for broadband, please let me know

hi guisem,
i install satellite television and satellite broadband in ibiza, im currently in the uk but i am back on the 2nd april.
we offer 10meg satellite broadband if this is what you are interested in? we offer either a rental service or you can take the contract out in your own name.
let me know if this would be a service you would be interested in?

paul

Paul, I have a client that want`s a rock solid 4 meg/Unlimited (No LL, poor mobile, Apple TV, In July & Aug) Do-able ? Price ?

Tim

Hi Tim,
yes we can do that for you, once im back in april i can give you a call/email if you wish.
but it wont be a problem at all.
paul

hi paul - would you be able to get in contact with me on this. I know you are not back in ibiza until april ; but ideally would like to discuss asap as need to make some plans. are you able to call me at some point on + 44 7900895645 ? thanks

Hi Paul,

I would also be interested in this from may to October. Do you have a contact email / phone number I can use to get in touch with you closer to the time?

Thanks

hi,
my number is +44 771886 4282 (uk)
+34 671 171 836. (ibiza)
as i said im back on the island from 2nd april.
i look forward to hearing from you.
paul

Hi Paul,

I would also be interested in this from may to October. Do you have a contact email / phone number I can use to get in touch with you closer to the time?

Thanks

hi umbongo,
with regards to your broadband request if you would like to give me a call or drop me a message on here id gladly let you know prices etc.

paul

Back