Brighton????

lotte

I need info from all you peeps who live in Brighton or who are regular visitors!!!

I am organising a 30th birthday surprise for my best mate to Brighton for the weekend with 6 others all couples but up for a laugh and a few beverages!!!

Firstly where do we stay, want somewhere nice but not too posh and pricey, but near the action, cleanliness and friendly staff important!!!
Where do we go for food??
Where do we go to party, pretty mixed bunch I am very much into Hed Kandi style and Pacha but the some of the others are just into getting drunk and not too bothered about the surroundings, basically good music and nice atmos and peeps would be good!
Also what are dress codes etc.

Also any suggestions as to anything special we could arrange for her while we are there??

You help would be much appreciated!!

Going mid December

Hi Lotte,

try looking at this hotel website, www.hotelpelirocco.co.uk its an amazing hotel (but can be pricey) for a cheaper option try the Quality hotel located right near beach and clubs/bars) I have stayed here before and it was fine.

As for clubs you gotta go the honey club which is on the beach, dont know web address for this but try googling.

Have a great time, brighton rocks!!!!!!

:lol:

sandi x

We normally stay at the Hilton Metropole (next door to the Grand), the normal rates are quite pricy but off-season they do some really good deals with massive breakfast and carvery included, try the Hilton website to see if they've got any deals the wkend you want to go.

I don't know what types of food you're after but 2 really good Italians are Al Duomo and Al Forno. And try and get to the Hop Poles, they do the best Sunday lunch ever.

Clubwise The Honeyclub is your best bet, it's funky on Friday and more trancey on Saturdays.

A fantastic restaurant is Terre a Terre (71 East Street) -- it's vegetarian but don't let that put any carnivores off. You'd be advised to book well in advance though. ;)

SuperD said:
A fantastic restaurant is Terre a Terre (71 East Street) -- it's vegetarian but don't let that put any carnivores off. You'd be advised to book well in advance though. ;)

Ooh thanks for that tip, we're off to Brighton for my birthday and love trying out new veggie restuarants :D

all the info above is highly recommended.

as for pre club bar i would def recommend is Greens,....very near creation,...quality house music just to get u in the mood :D

hed kandi do hold there night @ the honey club monthly or bi monthly,..check website.

enjoy :D

I went to Brighton last weekend with my girlies, we stayed in the Hilton Metropole, the rooms are really nice and quite reasonably priced.
Clubwise, we went to Creation, which is your average cheesey high street club (my friends arent into house :evil: ), but it was still a good laugh! :twisted:

im going to brighton on the 12th dec for works do.

staying at the grand and prob ending up at some cheese fest (although i could take a wrong turn and end up down the honey)

Robder said:
Ooooh very posh! :p
I'm impressed.

Not really cos they do these wkend packages off-season where it's only bout £150 for 2 for 2 nights including carvery one night and full breakfast both mornings ;)

It's still better than under the west pier which is the establishment I chose on my first visit.
Should I admit that?...Ah F___ it.

SuperD said:

Yes I am a veggie and love this place, I recommend the battered holumi, chips and mushy pea's mmmm.

Another great place to eat is alfresco with is located on the beach near the old pier, if your lucky and its a clear day you can sit and watch the sunset 8)

be warned that the hed kandi queue at the honeyclub is now becoming ridiculous. i am due to go this fri but two weeks ago we couldnt get in even after we started queuing at 10.30, it was never that bad in the summer, they were still queuing at 12.30 even though last entry is at 1.00. it also gets jam packed in there now.

the tsar bar next door to the honey club is good with good music and is greens. otherwise i think the beach has funky house on fri nights. zap is good on sat nights. honeyclub is hard house.

Barbie said:
SuperD said:

Ooh thanks for that tip, we're off to Brighton for my birthday and love trying out new veggie restuarants :D

..regularly voted as the top veggie restaurant in the country!

As for where to stay etc. you're prob best talking to out oif towners. Before we lived here we stayed (as a group) in a cheap but nice backpackers place called Baggies (check directories), cheap and cheerful. Otherwise scout around for hotel deals...most are quite pricy withoput a deal. Eating is not a prob. and Terre A Terre is very good but you need to book. Its always busy and very big (much bigger than it looks). Food for Friends nr Middle St (Lanes) is cheap and cheerful veggie food, good for lunch. Moshi Moshi in Bartholomew Sq is a great japanese place right in the middle of town. If there's a group and you fancy something different Genghis Khan (Near the Lanes as well) lets you put raw materials in little bowls to be cooked on a big griddle by chefs! Otherwise Little Preston St off Western Road has choice of lots of restaurants. Enjoy 8)

Hi there just wanted to say a very big thank you for all your very quick responses, all very useful and much appreciated.

With regard to the comment about the Q for Hed Kandi it doesn't surprise me, my mate lives in London and attempted to go to the night at pacha in September but the Q was an absolute joke!! also when I phoned Pacha about tickets for the November 27th party in Oct I was told the few tickets that do go on sale had already gone and they couldn't tell me the date they normally go on sale as its HK who decide that and the girl I spoke to at Pacha said at the October party that people started to Q at 8.30 and that the Q was ridiculous, doors opened at 10-10.30 and were then closed at 11 because the club was full! In HK's defence I did get an e mail to all of their website subscribers saying that they had experienced lots of problems at the Oct Pacha party and that measures were being put in place to stop this happening again ie: reduced guest list, reduced numbers actually in the club to make it more comfortable etc etc!
I have to say that you would still have to start to Q before 9pm to stand a chance of getting in and I don't fancy travelling all the way to London to stand in the cold for 2-3 hrs with no guarantee of getting in and if I did it being so crowded that I couldn't move. personally I think they should make all their events tickets only and sell a suitable no so it is comfortable when you get in and have a last entry so that if people were not in by then they could let people in who had turned up on the off chance and pay on the door. Lets face it they wouldn't have any probs selling/filling the venue and it would be a lot more pleasurable all round, cut out all this mad QQ stuff and perhaps make it a bit more exclusive!!

I have to say as it stands at the mo as much as I love Hed Kandi I am not bothering because I have had so many probs not being to get hold of pre sale tickets, overcrowding especially in the summer in Ibiza and in London etc and the F...... huge and very tedious wait in Q's, I am not impatient but 2 hours is taking the piss!

Sorry if I have offended anyone by my comments!!

Back