Brazil & Colombia

thommo

Off to Brazil and Colombia for New Year and beyond and looking for any spotlighters that have visited, have insider knowledge, know where to go and where to avoid? I'm hoping that the NYE party on the beach is happening although not sure where or how to find out and have definitely got Warung & D-Edge on the list of clubs i want to visit.

After Brazil will be heading to Cali - Colombia after hearing so many good reports.

Any help appreciated
Cheers
Ben
8)

Colombia is a great place to visit. You need to go to Cartagena - it's a really great party there :p. If I was only going to one place in Colombia, Cali wouldn't be my 1st choice tho' :confused: ..

Medellin is a fantastic city 8) and I like Bogota too tho' some people find it a bit hectic. Usually take a trip out here (in the hills near Bogota) - lots of South American tourists but still a great vibe :

http://www.andrescarnederes.com/

As for Brazil - well, it's absolutely huge - where in particular were you planning to go ?

Colombia is a great place to visit. You need to go to Cartagena - it's a really great party there :p. If I was only going to one place in Colombia, Cali wouldn't be my 1st choice tho' :confused: ..

Medellin is a fantastic city 8) and I like Bogota too tho' some people find it a bit hectic. Usually take a trip out here (in the hills near Bogota) - lots of South American tourists but still a great vibe :

http://www.andrescarnederes.com/

As for Brazil - well, it's absolutely huge - where in particular were you planning to go ?

just heard from a friend that went there for a few months who said it was party central but if Cartagena is your recommendation my friend then i'll be sure to add it to the list. Medellin is also somewhere i'd like to go!

Planning on flying to Rio but we're only away from 3 weeks so want to get the most out of our trip e.g. beaches / nightlife / culture in that order.

Thanks for all the responses so far, really appreciated
:D

The news years eve party and fire works on the Copa Cabana. If you will be in Brasil long enough for carnival I would do it the street parties and parades are great.

Back