Bournemouth Clubbing

deano85

Hey everyone

Heading to bournemouth next Fri and Sat for a stag do, just wondering if there are any decent club nights down there or whether it is all just generic student nights that go on?

If that's the case where are the best places to go?

Cheers

Like my house music, whether that be deep or tech i really dont mind.

Just not into RnB, Hip Hop or anything along those lines.

Thanks

Hi

Well I used to be a bit of a Bournemouth regular and for house nights I used to go to The old Firestation on a saturday - but check event listings or call them to see what is going on this weekend as the Uni has now broken up the nights have changed.. http://www.oldfirestation.co.uk/

Also Dusk holds really good deep house nights - usually on a Thursday but again considering it is no longer term time I am sure they cater to house music fans over the weekend... https://www.facebook.com/DuskBournemouth

Aside from these places 'Bar So' is also good and I would recommend the downstairs room it is always busy and plays a good selection of house music. (not too deep as they also incorporate a bit of commercial)

Hope that helps.

:)

Hannah x

Hey everyone

Heading to bournemouth next Fri and Sat for a stag do, just wondering if there are any decent club nights down there or whether it is all just generic student nights that go on?

If that's the case where are the best places to go?

Cheers

Have a look to see what's going on at the Winchester on either night, always different nights and the only place you will get good dance music. Open until between 4 - 6am.

There are two sides to Bournemouth, the stag/hen/student side with the cheap bars & clubs, always good if you want to get drunk, pull, get your teeth knocked out etc.

At the other end you have the nice bars, more of an over 25 crowd. I'd recommend you head up this end but be wary about being in big groups, the bouncers don't take well to it and won't let you in, especially if you are tarted up looking like Ronald McDonald or head to toe in a morph suit.

Near the Winchester you have Smokin aces, a cool whisky bar. Live bands, DJ's etc. 60 Million postcards is another one worth checking out and just up the road from there you have Bar So (as previously mentioned) and 1820, another cocktail bar, very nice, nice crowd, no plonkers.

Down on the Beach, at the pier you'll find Aruba, cool bar but gets packed on Sat nights so arrive early.

There are 3 strip joints, let me know if you want to know where these are and what's the best bet to visit, not that I've personally even been.

As a general rule, the bars shut between 3 and 5am but there are a few that stay open later for the alcoholics amongst you.

Hope that helps.

Had a good night out in Bournemouth a few years back.

I remember a bar/club on a hillside with more than one floor.

Some good housey stuff in one of the rooms from memory.

Wel that was helpful!

:lol:

Had a good night out in Bournemouth a few years back.

I remember a bar/club on a hillside with more than one floor.

Some good housey stuff in one of the rooms from memory.

Wel that was helpful!

:lol:

I reckon you are refering to a club called 2020, used to have some good nights there.

Block of flats these days.

Rings a bell...

If you were going up the hill, the club was on the right, I think there was some kind of small outdoor terrace but might be mistaken on that.

It was a long time ago - I heard Stonebridge, Put em high there for the first time! :lol:

Back