Booom! Sound System

Dirk

I was there on Saturday for Defected and have to say was not impressed with the Pioneer system at all, probably one of the worst I have heard. Far too heavy on the bass which made all music sound like a rumble and no clarity at all.

Anyone else experienced it yet? I honestly wouldn't go back it was that bad.

The defected night seems quite apart and special from the others; it seemed to me it had a global appeal in terms of the music and general atmosphere from the crowd. Quite relevant even in terms of size ,attitude, music etc. Although this could be an off night - as I would swear to you that they have a good sound system.
I was there twice. I am sorry you had a bad experience.

I don't remember reverbrating and lose basslines that make your eardrums shake.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went back in July for the Erick Morillo party - because it was free and we wanted to see inside the club. Firstly, I have been having trouble with my ears and clubbing since last year, and this year although I took ear plugs with me to Ibiza I kept forgetting to take them out with me! Anyway Booom was probably the worst experience of my holiday sound system wise, definitely too heavy on the bass. I danced for about 2 hours with my fingers in my ears because they really hurt (great look....). We left about 5.30 but some mates stayed longer and they said after we had gone there was this ridiculous loud buzzing noise that went right through your body and pierced every bone, and some bloke in the DJ booth desperately trying to sort the buttons out (glad I wasn't there then!). The night after I went to Space and still forgot my ear plugs because I am stupid.... and although my ears hurt slightly, this was soon rectified with tissue paper balls! So in comparison with other clubs I would defo avoid Booom!, If I had my ear plugs, and it was free.... maybe I would go in again though just to see if they helped!!!

I was there in august, for defected and sexy by nature... never really had that problem.

I dunno and I also went 4 times to space and that place has the best sound sytem IMO.

I've just got back from Ibiza but will be going out again towards the end of the month. I shall checkout Boom then.

Space has a very good system, as does Insomnia. However I don't think anything will beat Pacha for me. It has a d&b audiotechnik system which whilst very loud, is smooth, rich sounding and doesn't leave your ears bleeding at the end of the night!

Dan

I did have my custom moulded ear plugs with 15 dcb caps but struggled to get them in at first. After an hour I couldn't handle it anymore so went to the toilet and put them in. This did improve the sound quality slightly, but still the group I was with couldn't handle it and felt it was going to do them serious damage. We moved to different spots to see if that imporved things but the sound quality was the same throughout the club.

I cant believe that a professional / business could install such a system and walk away thinking the sound was any good.

Keen to hear if anyone actual thinks otherwise.

I think this is the thread where you can essentially talk the talk Dan. From what I've read it was probably was a good idea we went to Pacha on the Saturday.

Back