Bloc Weekender.....

MiniMarc

Brain is just about back in working order.
This was quite honestly one of the best weekends partying in my career.
The fact its at Butlins makes it all the more weird and wonderful. Camping festivals will never be the same again!
Amazing music across the board - highlights for me were Mala , Visionquest , DOP , Billy Nasty , Speedy J , Matthew Dear and of course the master - Laurent Garnier

heres a vid of Laurent closing the festival filmed from the stage , almost makes me wana cry watching it back!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkyEohBeonM

I was hoping someone would post some info here - really wanted to go, but budget didn't allow, definitely one for 2012.

Glad you enjoyed Garnier, saw his LBS show in Glasgow at the end of Jan and it was fab :D8)

It was top notch start to finish , am having some real trouble adjusting to real world (and not eating burger king for every meal).

Def going in 2012.
My tips would be to book a gold chalet if you can afford it as they have sofas , tv and proper kitchen where as we were standard and had literally our beds and a bathroom but that was still great. Having a kitchen means you dont have to eat bk or at the pub every day too.
Get there as early as poss on the thursday for maximum bloco time.
Beware of killer seagulls!
Expect to meet plenty of new Irish friends at various after parties.
Music starts around 4pm with the bigger venues closing around 6/7am with a smaller venue or 2 going on towards 10am.
Print separate directions for there and back as in a spangled state its pretty hard to reverse navigate the outward directions!

It was top notch start to finish , am having some real trouble adjusting to real world (and not eating burger king for every meal).

Def going in 2012.
My tips would be to book a gold chalet if you can afford it as they have sofas , tv and proper kitchen where as we were standard and had literally our beds and a bathroom but that was still great. Having a kitchen means you dont have to eat bk or at the pub every day too.
Get there as early as poss on the thursday for maximum bloco time.
Beware of killer seagulls!
Expect to meet plenty of new Irish friends at various after parties.
Music starts around 4pm with the bigger venues closing around 6/7am with a smaller venue or 2 going on towards 10am.
Print separate directions for there and back as in a spangled state its pretty hard to reverse navigate the outward directions!

I know a group who were there, but there's been no news from them yet :lol:

Ah, so were you just in an apartment then? You seem to get chalets and gold chalets too. Such a treat not to be under canvas either way!

Glad you had a good one 8)

well there all called 'chalets' but theres 3 types. the gold ones being apartments from what i could see but theres lots of types just depends on your luck. some had a little garden/patio!

well there all called 'chalets' but theres 3 types. the gold ones being apartments from what i could see but theres lots of types just depends on your luck. some had a little garden/patio!

Oh my, that's better than where I live :lol:

Cheers Marc, sounds wicked :D

did you check out a dj called jerome hill? (used to sit next to him at school. prob wdn't remember me now!) from what I've heard online, he plays fierce techno these days, technically awesome if not quite my bag

I think he played in this Dome place which had LED's and visuals 360degrees. was tiny so never made it in there. They had alot of the ravey stuff in there i heard it was wicked untill someone farted then it was a propper hotbox. Billy Nasty and Speedy J played alot harder than I expected and I didnt think i would like it but at the time I got stuck right in

did you check out a dj called jerome hill?

Yeah he played on the Thursday for the BLOC warm up. He's not normally my cup of tea but he wasnt as banging as I thought he was going to be. I enjoyed it.

Once again BLOC was class. Had such a fun weekend. As Marc said it makes such a difference having a chalet to go back to rather than a tent. Bed, shower and a fridge full of beer.. What else do you want after raving it up in a festival all night.

Good fun having access to the pool and slides as well. Not sure I should have been swimming in the state I was in mind!

Musical highlights for me..

Visionquest, Will Saul, Soulclap, Ben Klock, Matthew Dear, DOP, Joy Orbison

Looking forward to next year already.

Back