Blackberry problems..

I-Spy

So I dropped it, but just a gentle one, and it stopped working. Only 8 months into an O2 24 month contract.
I took to a repair place here in Bali and they said they could not fix it.
So, has anybody had any experiance of trying to get another/ repairs/ any other lies, excuses etc...that I could use to avoid the £300 to buy a new one?
I am back in the UK next week so can sort there.

....and as funny as it is please don't send me the Ronnie Corbert sketch

So I dropped it, but just a gentle one, and it stopped working.

Sorry to :lol:.. all these new-fangled bits of equipment are as fragile as eggshells :!: Wouldn't last 2 minutes in my custody .. my old mobile's fallen out of my jacket/trouser pocket onto concrete more times than Cilla Black asked "Hello Chuck, What's Your Name & Where d'ya Cuhm From".. and still works (touch wood..)

As you were .. (hope you get something sorted :) !!)

Try to use your travel or home owners insurance for a replacement if you have it. If all else fails send it in to get repaired or buy a recondition one with insurance.

What's actually wrong with it? Mine kept on crashing on me, getting the dreaded "white screen" every time I turned it on. I googled the problem and a lot of people said the battery could be damaged, so I bought a £6.00 battery from Ebay and it worked like a dream, not had a problem since!

Obviously yours might be damaged in a different way but could be worth buying a new battery.

What's actually wrong with it? Mine kept on crashing on me, getting the dreaded "white screen" every time I turned it on. I googled the problem and a lot of people said the battery could be damaged, so I bought a £6.00 battery from Ebay and it worked like a dream, not had a problem since!

Obviously yours might be damaged in a different way but could be worth buying a new battery.

Unfortunately not that, as when I gave to the repair place they used their battery.
Will have to check my travel insurance to see it covers it.

Really?....That sounds good. I will call them when I am back as there is no sign of any damage.

Back