Bhutan

utagaura

Has anyone here been there?

I might have an opportunity to work there in 2012. I know that it is a fairly closed country, mainly due to the mandatory($200 per DAY!!) visa fee you must pay.

(This is waived if I work there... also I'm allowed to invite TWO people to come visit who don't have to pay this fee!!)

Also, they have their Gross National Happiness, which is kind of interesting. I've done a bit of research, just wondering if anyone here has traveled there.

:)

Having considered myself a reasonably seasoned traveller I actually had to Google this to make sure it was where I thought it was :oops::oops::oops::oops: :)spank:)

Not sure I would be overly keen on living there.

If it turns out OK though, I'm never one to turn down a complimentary visitors visa for a few days.

Has anyone here been there?

I might have an opportunity to work there in 2012. I know that it is a fairly closed country, mainly due to the mandatory($200 per DAY!!) visa fee you must pay.

(This is waived if I work there... also I'm allowed to invite TWO people to come visit who don't have to pay this fee!!)

Also, they have their Gross National Happiness, which is kind of interesting. I've done a bit of research, just wondering if anyone here has traveled there.

:)

You never fail to inspire me with all your traveling antics! :eek:

It is off the beaten path:eek: Is this with the company you work for now? I'm willing to go almost anywhere but I don't know about this one?

It's a Canadian-Bhutan program. I teach... it's NOT ESL, the language of instruction is English in Bhutan, so I would have to deliver the Bhutanese curriculum.

I'm not sure either.... if I get a rural posting, its definitely rural. Rural is in a one or two day walk to a main road!!

I don't mind being out in the boonies. I have lived in rural places before, but that might be a little bit too rural and isolated for me! I read something about people there taking trips to Bangladesh for luxuries! :lol:

It's a Canadian-Bhutan program. I teach... it's NOT ESL, the language of instruction is English in Bhutan, so I would have to deliver the Bhutanese curriculum.

I'm not sure either.... if I get a rural posting, its definitely rural. Rural is in a one or two day walk to a main road!!

I don't mind being out in the boonies. I have lived in rural places before, but that might be a little bit too rural and isolated for me! I read something about people there taking trips to Bangladesh for luxuries! :lol:

I don't mind rural but that would be a bit too far for me.

Back