Beta launch of new Spotlight site

james

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,

we'd like to give you first access to our new website. It won't be going live for a week and may still have a few little bugs (sorry!).

http://dev.ibiza-spotlight.com

enjoy and feel free to add positive comments below (ok, and negative) which i shall forward on to the dev team who haven't slept in several months ;)

The new site looks great. The currency converter does not follow on all pages of the booking process. I converted to dollars and after one page it defaulted to euro rates. The hotel I wanted was not available and the currency conversion did not stay and I could not select to convert it. I also got alpha instead of a numeric value. ir conditioning Max 2 people Prices for 4 nights: 9 Jun to 13 Jun 2013 $ NaN this was on the Garbi booking page. The currency conversion held with booking tickets it was only during hotel booking that I got the bug.

Last edited by a moderator:
whats up with ticket prices on the new party calendar? FMIF tickets for 20 euros, and cream tickets for 70 in july? are there some massive price changes about to go down.....?

nevermind I see what's going on, its listing prices for VIP Amnesia tickets, and the price to reserve a VIP table at Pacha. that's kind of confusing.....

Looks great! Definite improvement!

Thought you guys were going to make it responsive?

phase 2... will be fully tablet/mobile responsive in 3-4 weeks - we'd never have got it looking perfect for all screen sizes by launch, so we've deferred.

New design looks great!

Couple of bugbears for me;

1) Hotel/Apratment booking - Seems to be by 'resort' or 'flavour'. Is there there ability to search ALL accommodation across the whole island?
2) When viewing the hotels in the search results, it would be good to be able to see the resort name as well as the hotel name in the list of results. There is a map option, but this relies on the user clicking on it each time then seeing where on the island the hotel is.

Thanks.

Looks great. Out of interest, will functionality for affiliates remain the same with the same string appended at the end of the url? Got a nice little system on the go now.

affiliates won't notice a change, even linking to old URLs. i'll match those to the new urls and redirect with the QSA (query string attached). after launch though i'll send a guide about updating hotel and ticket urls to the new versions (although tbh not many have changed).

cheers

Not very good with web design etc but will the forum be made to fit the app? Or is that a stupid question?!?! I rarely use my mac anymore and I'm always on my phone

Very good but there does seem to be a lot less content, things like links to bus times etc

Last edited by a moderator:
Back