Best places to hear Deep House during the day.

Fred Secrets

Having a pregnant Mrs. means that my time in Ibiza will be more of a day time enjoyment holiday than partying all night. We'll have a car so will be driving around the island. What beaches can I hear some House during the day time?

Thanks.

playa den bossa is your best bet, with sands and nassau. i would also try cala bassa beach club (http://www.calabassabeachclub.com/ but this seems to be offline right now) at.... cala bassa near san antonio, not sure what day, but they sometimes do live sessions with sonica radio which always sound good. i am sure others in the know can help more :)

Monday wednesday from 1 pm 6pm Jon sa trinxa in bar Sa trincha in salinas beach...he play also on saturday at amante beach club & cala conte too on tuesday (check his fb)...any bar play deep house when waiting for the Sunset ...eg Kumhara in san an ..cala de bou : calle luego ect... there is also jose padilla , stephane de pompougnac..check their fb...in Blue marling or restaurant iemanja they play deep house too (any restaurant facing the sea play deep house)..Go to daytime party if can't go to nightime...i recommand ushuaia tower & Ibiza sensations at ocean beach on tuesday (spanish "friend" djs that play funky house music & not the crap average people seems to enjoy :eek:)

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestions. Will definitely look in to them. I'm not on facebook so will have to find other means of finding out where the names you suggested are playing. I was intending on going to Ushuaia tower for Louie Vega & possibly Sasha but it seems to be getting mixed reviews on here. Are the door staff really that picky? & how much are they charging for a bottle of beer in there???

On a slightly separate subject, I read on here a couple of days ago that Carl Cox does a Disco set in playa den bossa every September but I can't seem to find the thread. (I'm new on here). Is there any official date confirmed for this?

Thanks for the suggestions. Will definitely look in to them. I'm not on facebook so will have to find other means of finding out where the names you suggested are playing. I was intending on going to Ushuaia tower for Louie Vega & possibly Sasha but it seems to be getting mixed reviews on here. Are the door staff really that picky? & how much are they charging for a bottle of beer in there???

On a slightly separate subject, I read on here a couple of days ago that Carl Cox does a Disco set in playa den bossa every September but I can't seem to find the thread. (I'm new on here). Is there any official date confirmed for this?

This normally happens at Sands in PDB.... usually sometime in early to middle of September! I always just miss it cos I don't go til end of Sept beginning of Oct!!

12€ a beer at ushuaia tower i guess(i was offered drinks by mate:cool: ..two way relations;): i give people guestlists & they buy me drinks without taking advantage of it)..yes on friday Sunset ritual is a party u have to do (from 9 pm to midnight..it carry on but at door when commping at midnight they told u that the party is over :mad:(it hapen once)) , u have to go.i .wear white shirt, kneelong trousers & shoes & i get in (a mate went with flip flop, kneelong trousers polo because he forget his clothes succeed to go in but he was the only one with flip flop & another mate was turn back because his tshirt look like a football shirt...he came back later with polo & it was fine)..the hard door is at Cafe lio where u have to wear a long trousers...Blue marlin door is easy :cool: but always have second clothes in your car's toot...

12€ a beer at ushuaia tower i guess(i was offered drinks by mate:cool: ..two way relations;): i give people guestlists & they buy me drinks without taking advantage of it)..yes on friday Sunset ritual is a party u have to do (from 9 pm to midnight..it carry on but at door when commping at midnight they told u that the party is over :mad:(it hapen once)) , u have to go.i .wear white shirt, kneelong trousers & shoes & i get in (a mate went with flip flop, kneelong trousers polo because he forget his clothes succeed to go in but he was the only one with flip flop & another mate was turn back because his tshirt look like a football shirt...he came back later with polo & it was fine)..the hard door is at Cafe lio where u have to wear a long trousers...Blue marlin door is easy :cool: but always have second clothes in your car's toot...

I really am considering not even going to Ushuaia tower. It's a holiday island with a day time party. What on earth do they expect people to wear??

Also, I would prefer to be there with people who are there for the music rather than with people who are there to 'look good'.

I really am considering not even going to Ushuaia tower. It's a holiday island with a day time party. What on earth do they expect people to wear??

Also, I would prefer to be there with people who are there for the music rather than with people who are there to 'look good'.
Wrong answer...ushuaia tower is one of my best parties in ibz..Enter, & other nightime parties suckx into comparison...just wear kneelong trousers, shoes & polo & it's fine..

I was doing some research on here and saw Grial looks good on fridays for house - is it a sit down sort of place or a small club?

There are a load of tables outside in front of the entrance and places to sit down inside the bar. However there's a smallish dancefloor too. Bar with dancing basically.

French resortwear basically :D. I still think these sorts of rules are more appropriate for towns, ports or inland than somewhere like PDB, which is little more than a beach with a load of tourist eateries & shops and a handful of clubs. But despite its tackiness, Ushuaia reckons itself a cut above the rest of the offerings and probably doesn't want its image "brought down" by a load of scruffily dressed punters from the cheap hotels nearby :p.

Can't imagine anywhere in Ushuaia suiting you if you want to be somewhere free of people wanting to pose about. It's a fancy-pants place which some people think has ideas above its station (others don't) so it's bound to attract fashionistas. Doesn't mean everyone there is like that tho'. If you want to party barefoot in a pair of swimshorts then Bora Bora, Sands etc. are the places to go and not a rooftop bar in an expensive hotel. My money's on Sands all the way :cool:.

:rolleyes:the best funky/tribal House music was at a Sunset ritual party :cool: on 23 august !friday with kind a South american:)(look like Erick Morillo..his name please?) dj following Little louie Vega...
At this party Met a crazy lovely holland girl :spank: dressed, TITS up,some X scotch strap to hide her nipples :oops: kind of Hell costume :cool: with her Devil horns(it was her last day:( otherwise sure she 'll hang with 3 guys :D, some mates were crazy watching her , sneaking my talk with the lady :lol:) that get in touch because she pretend that i dance like her (why not)...
Go to a party if u like the music & not because of the crowd..i've been to party such as Ibiza sensation where nodoby dance except me & my mates...

I'll probably head to Louie Vega on Friday. Gonna make sure not to wear beachwear. Went to Salinas yesterday to hear Jon SaTrinxa who was very enjoyable. More than likely give Sasha a skip on Sunday & go to Kerri Chandler at the Blue Marlin(?) instead. More my type of music.

Probably a ridiculous question but does Louie Vega play for the sunset at his Sunset Ritual night on Friday nights? What would be the best time to get there to hear him?

Glad u enjoy Jon at Salinas...Sunset begin at 9 pm...i guess going at 10 pm 10h30 can be perfect time..was there at 11 pm & he was already on the decks...dont go at midnight , u ll be turn back as they will tell u that the party is over...there is not many people so i guess they were cool at entrance door..it was not like on opening where it was full..i 've read that he will be in Blue Marlin too:a must do at BMI

Back