Best Places To Dive Jump and Swim

William2021

Can anyone recommend a great place to dive jump into the sea and to swim casual in the open water? I was curious why everyone I spoke to last year preferred the hotel swimming pools, and I was surprised to see only a handful of people swimming in the open water off the coast. Is it prohibited? Is there dangerous marine life which makes the waters around Ibiza unsafe? When I reached the beach at Playa d'en bossa, the beach was absolutely packed with 'thousands' of people (a beautiful sight), but there were only a few of us in the water. I was really hoping to see hundreds in the water. What puts people off jumping in for a good dip?

Last edited:
if your in San An there is a good few places. If your standing at Golden Buddha looking at the sea head right along the coast towards the little aquarium. Once your at the aquarium keep walking away from San An town along the coast for about 5 minutes, you should see the rocks from into a sharp point. Thats where we always go jumping. There's usually always people there so should be reasonably easy to find. If you get to cala Gracio you've gone to far.
Theres also a very big cliff you can jump off but it's harder to find, if you want to find it you will ;)

Sa Punta is meant to be really good for jumping, you can also free climb the rocks if you're into that, going to check it out once the water warms up.

If you go on facebook look for Ibiza Cliff Diving, they organise jumps from some pretty mental heights.

Do you know some places close to Playa d'en Bossa?

the closest site to playa d'en bossa is the rocky part between playa d'en bossa and es cavallet. it's a proper hike though, you have to walk past the watchtower at the south end of playa d'en bossa first, then cross the next bay, walk over the next hill and then follow the path along the coast until you arrive at a small bay. i personally wouldn't do it in the midsummer heat, but if you do, make sure you bring plenty of water along (and sunscreen).

check out 'ibiza cliff diving' on facebook. ismael and the gang were at said spot just two days ago i believe. he knows plenty of places around the island so if you want to do some cliff diving when here, he's the man for you.

Some good suggestions above. Don't forget Cap Bernat, if you're feeling adventurous and get hold of a pedalo or small boat :)

I have jumped of Cap Bernat, but not for the very top (yet). It's take ages to peddle out to it on a pedalo so best to hire a small motor boat.

Some good suggestions above. Don't forget Cap Bernat, if you're feeling adventurous and get hold of a pedalo or small boat :)

Has to be a small boat, me and the wife (then gf) ventured out on a pedalo and it took forever. The rock is quite sharp and pointy once you climb onto it, so wear trainers/plimsolls.

nice spot with the facebook group, just joined, hopefully they'll do one before end of summer.

other places we jump/swim from are cala salada - not the highest rocks as the water is only 1.60 deep, but the rocks just after the flattest platform in the middle - swimming between the bays is awesome too. and aguas blancas - the right most island can be jumped from, not very high admittedly, but the swimming is brilliant because the water quality is so high.

i don't recommend any sort of hotel balcony jumping, even at pikes!

rWUopeg.gif
:eek:

Ok this is for the good climbers , walk through the hippy market go to the right of the restaurant , then look for the road that takes you to the private houses, walk through to the coast to the right, go to the rock as far out on the left , you can jump from around 15m and climb out quite easily, I'm taking the boat round there Thursday (good diving)

Back