Best non-sweat fabrics

gingerfreak

Lovely topic I know, but being of slightly more generous build than some I tend to perspire fairly heavily, especially when dancing/'overheating' and I always end up looking like I've just stepped out of a shower come the arse-end of the evening. This doesn't bother me massively, but I'd be a little fibber if I said it didn't matter at all. It's bloody uncomfortable for one.

So....any suggestions on the best garments you've found to a) restrict sweat (I've found a good dusting of talc really helps) and b) camouflage the change in colour between wet and dry fabric.

One suggestion I will not entertain is stopping dancing. Or shaving my head.

Being a lady - I find I dont sweat - I glow.

Men perspire
Horses Sweat
Ladies glow.......

:lol:

I bet you dont perspire as much as mate glyn, he is unbelievably sweaty - he took his packet of cigs out of the pocket of his shirt and the whole box was wet - so much so that the box and his cigs inside the box were mush almost......

puppylover said:
Being a lady - I find I dont sweat - I glow.

Men perspire
Horses Sweat
Ladies glow.......

:lol:

I bet you dont perspire as much as mate glyn, he is unbelievably sweaty - he took his packet of cigs out of the pocket of his shirt and the whole box was wet - so much so that the box and his cigs inside the box were mush almost......

:lol: @copperband

Nah, I'm not that bad, just sometimes I want to look a bit more pristine, you know? Especially when I look at photos. At the time it doesn't really bother me apart from being uncomfortable if I wear something too cottony.

Tchah, maybe I'm fretting over nowt. Must be having an off day. :rolleyes:

Its easier for girls tho - we can get away with an awful lot less clothes than you guys do so.......

Anyway - just do what I do - avoid the camera at all costs on clubbing nights out - only have photos taken before it goes downhill........ :D :D

Get a shot of botox in your armpits - works a treat apparently & is all the rage in Hollywood! 8)

Robder said:
Get a shot of botox in your armpits - works a treat apparently & is all the rage in Hollywood! 8)

That sounds painful - armpits!!! - I chickened out of my botox appointment for my forehead last Sept....... :eek:

puppylover said:
Robder said:

That sounds painful - armpits!!! - I chickened out of my botox appointment for my forehead last Sept....... :eek:

So that's my armpits sorted Rob. Now what about the other 95% of sweating skin.......?

Pups, how could you turn it down? I'm tempted.

don't worry about it. Some of my best friends are sweaty bastards. ;)

otherwise dress in black. or only go to foam / pool parties.

Or get one of those rollons from your chemists that knacker your sweat glands.

But serious tips are - don't smoke lots, drink plenty water.

gingerfreak said:
puppylover said:
Robder said:

So that's my armpits sorted Rob. Now what about the other 95% of sweating skin.......?

Pups, how could you turn it down? I'm tempted.

Seriously trying to pluck up the courage to go again - I think I need someone to come with me and have it done too..... I want Restalyn filler too....... I am such a coward I have the pain threshold of something that really doesnt like pain....... :confused:

Back