Best Clubs in London/Clubbing Partners for Friend

Rebecca G

Hi, everyone!

A really good friend of mine is staying in London right now. She'll be there for about a month. I haven't been there in 7 years, so I have no idea what to tell her as far as clubs. Is Fabric still good? Which nights? Which clubs are best for meeting cool and unpretentious people? Is Ministry of Sound, Time Out London and Mixmag magazines still good places to find out what's happening? Which places are good for checking out indie rock or dance? Trance?

She's a really sweet, fun, pretty girl, but she's meeting all these creeps. :confused: One of my friend's is looking out for her, but she's not really into clubbing or rock shows. Any fun women care to show my friend a good time? She's the girl in white in my main photo.

Thank you!!!!

Becca:D

Hi, everyone!

A really good friend of mine is staying in London right now. She'll be there for about a month. I haven't been there in 7 years, so I have no idea what to tell her as far as clubs. Is Fabric still good? Which nights? Which clubs are best for meeting cool and unpretentious people? Is Ministry of Sound, Time Out London and Mixmag magazines still good places to find out what's happening? Which places are good for checking out indie rock or dance? Trance?

She's a really sweet, fun, pretty girl, but she's meeting all these creeps. :confused: One of my friend's is looking out for her, but she's not really into clubbing or rock shows. Any fun women care to show my friend a good time? She's the girl in white in my main photo.

Thank you!!!!

Becca:D

I'd personally stay away from MoS and Fabric these days (can't believe the day would come...)... unless there's a particular DJ you just have to see. They are just too commercial, too full, too much queueing etc etc.

If she's not really a clubber, but loves the music. Go with one of these:

Cafe1001 on Brick Lane(see their website for their listings. They do a late night ('til 6am) once a month). Musically, they range from Tech-House to Indie Dance to dnb...cool stuff. Non-pretentious.

Same goes for 93 feet east...also on Brick Lane. You can get some good Inde nights there, but Fuse is probably the best night for House.

The best big(ger) club for a decent atmosphere, decent music and friendly staff is undoubtedly Cable (London Bridge). Check out their listings, but Jaded is one night to def check out. Great stuff and a good crowd.

And just throwing it in there as an option - Cargo (Shoreditch). Deep House at it's best. Don't Go Friday. Shane Watcha will bore you to death with yet another repeat of the same tracks, and it's full of 'suits' spilling in from the bars after work, and there's a lot of sleaze (mainly from said suits)...Saturday on the other hand, is when it's worth putting up with the sleaze and the w*nkers on the door (proper bullies).

Whatever she does - hope she enjoys! :)

Thank you so much, Richie! I told her to stay away fr/ MOS. lol I'm in Chicago and even I know that place sucks. :eek: I will surely pass on this information to her! She's a clubber and loves her dance music.

I'd personally stay away from MoS and Fabric these days (can't believe the day would come...)... unless there's a particular DJ you just have to see. They are just too commercial, too full, too much queueing etc etc.

If she's not really a clubber, but loves the music. Go with one of these:

Cafe1001 on Brick Lane(see their website for their listings. They do a late night ('til 6am) once a month). Musically, they range from Tech-House to Indie Dance to dnb...cool stuff. Non-pretentious.

Same goes for 93 feet east...also on Brick Lane. You can get some good Inde nights there, but Fuse is probably the best night for House.

The best big(ger) club for a decent atmosphere, decent music and friendly staff is undoubtedly Cable (London Bridge). Check out their listings, but Jaded is one night to def check out. Great stuff and a good crowd.

And just throwing it in there as an option - Cargo (Shoreditch). Deep House at it's best. Don't Go Friday. Shane Watcha will bore you to death with yet another repeat of the same tracks, and it's full of 'suits' spilling in from the bars after work, and there's a lot of sleaze (mainly from said suits)...Saturday on the other hand, is when it's worth putting up with the sleaze and the w*nkers on the door (proper bullies).

Whatever she does - hope she enjoys! :)

Back