Berlin Trip Ideas

Conkermon

No longer active
So it looks like I will be accompanying some American friends on a visit to Berlin over the 15th-18th April.

Have wanted to check out Berlin for ages so would love some input on what to do / what to avoid with regard to clubs, bars and general tourist attractions.

Would really like to hit some cool / special daytime places so any advice there would be great. I'm a big fan of house / techno / minimal but the Americans have far more mainstream tastes...

Also where is a good place to stay? Cheap as possible but want a single room.

Cheers!

For the best burger Ive ever had you need to go to The Bird (make a reservation).
We stayed in an apartment which worked out pretty cheap and was very nice. Was on Karl Marx Allee sort of near Alexanderplatz.
We really enjoyed mooching round the Kreuzberg area.
We didnt really encounter much daytime partying tbh but thats not to say it doesnt exist. Obviously Berghain remains open right into sunday but we were denied at the door.

For the best burger Ive ever had you need to go to The Bird (make a reservation).
We stayed in an apartment which worked out pretty cheap and was very nice. Was on Karl Marx Allee sort of near Alexanderplatz.
We really enjoyed mooching round the Kreuzberg area.
We didnt really encounter much daytime partying tbh but thats not to say it doesnt exist. Obviously Berghain remains open right into sunday but we were denied at the door.

Nice will look into all of those, is Berlin hard to get around? I'm planning my trip to coincide with some friends but can't stay with them, so is it possible I might book accommodation and find it very hard to get to them to meet up?

Also have read a lot about people being denied entry to the clubs. Is it totally arbitrary or based on being under dressed / wasted / male:female ratio?

club der visionaire should be open by then...

That place looks perfect! Thanks for the recommendation.

we hired bikes for a day and was brilliant , coverd a fair bit of ground but we enjoyed it.

We got into Watergate no problems but got denied from Berghain. Me n the gf turned up about 8am sunday , no queue. I guess they make a decision as you walk up. A couple in front got in. We were quiet etc , spoke German to the bouncers but they after a quick word between themselves said "You need to go somewhere else". They were friendly enough but they wern't goig to change their minds so that was that. Wasnt a disaster for the trip but quite annoying at the time

Perhaps next time wear some latex Minimarc, I've heard they particularly like that :D We were going to take a trip this year but the weekend we chose there was a men only night in Berghain on the Sat and a rock festival o the Friday so thought pointless wasting a trip just to go to other places when they are so funny at the door of Berghain anyway we have to take every chance we can

Back