Beaches and some Q's

Jojo.Xx

We hired a car and visited a few different places last week namely Cala Xarraca, S'Illiot, Portinatx (or rather the rocks behind the bay), San Miguel (and the cliff next to the Hacienda Na Xamena hotel), Bennirras, Cala St Vincent, Cala Comte and Cala D'hort. It was really nice to see some of the stunning areas of Ibiza that I hadn't been to before it was annoying that we had such bad weather and couldn't find Portixol even with a map :evil:. Also driving next to so many cliffs is terrifying particularly the route up to the hacienda na xamena :eek:

I have a couple of questions. The strange rocks that were behind Portinatx where you can see the lighthouse were very dangerous as there were massive waves bigger than houses crashing against them. One boy was getting very close to the edge and I did wonder if anyone has ever fallen into them and not come back out? we were standing quite a distance form the edge of a valley between the rocks and a big wave crashed through and almost made us lose our balance.

All of these areas were beautiful but I was wondering is Cala D'Hort always as filthy? The sea had washed in all manner of bits and bobs and it hadn't been cleaned but it was a very windy couple of days last weekend. We looked down at this beach from the cliffs during high season and it appeared cleaner.

Also they were filming something at Cala Comte and I wonder if anyone knows what it was? There was a film crew and they were doing takes of 2 boys running across the sand with a rucksack. they couldn't have been that famous as nobody was asking for autographs :lol:

re clean or filthy beaches - always depends hugely on wind direction.
generally ibiza's beaches are very clean, but in stormy weather sometimes a lot of seagrass (and other stuff) gets washed ashore

Back