Beach/Outdoor/seaview restaurants open in December??

utagaura

Specifically between Christmas and New Year.

What beach restuarants are open during this time? For lunch? I'm assuming places like Maria Luisa, El Bigotes are shut during December?

I've been to loads during the summer, but never been during December.

What about Formentera?

Looking specifically for outdoor ones... will ask more about other ones later!

Last edited:
sa caleta is open, as is yemanja. both great places for winter lunch.

I'm assuming cotton beach club will be open too.

lips in pdb as well as bali beach might be open...maybe sir rocco as well.

then in talamanca various places are open. I love to have breakfast at hostal talamanca in winter!

la calma is open in marina botafoch (next to lío) as well as cafe cappuccino. and there are other restaurants open with outdoor seatings in that area.

ah, can jaume in cala vadella is also open all year around, recommended!

can't think of the names, but there are a few places in cala martina/cala pada area too.

formentera - beautiful in winter but literally only restaurants open in san fernando and san francisco AFAIK

Great! Sounds like there are a few!

Experimental beach? Is that open? I've heard jockey club salinas has been open too in December?

So none of the smaller beach restaurants up north? Or Benirras?

I've started compiling a list, however, some places aren't too clear as to whether they're open in winter.

So you recommend a trip to Formentera in the winter, then?

jockey and experimental shut I believe.

not sure about benirras.

formentera - only if you like to see a place really almost deserted. I love it, but it might shock you :)

I think I would..... are the ferry services quite sporadic? would still like to find somewhere to eat.... maybe a packed lunch??

What's the population in the winter on Formentera... do you know?

Has anyone been to Can Dani in Formentera? I think I read that it's open year round...

Can't tell if it's a seaview though.

haven't been to can dani and don't know if it's open all year round, but I've driven past and it's defintely got no seaview as it's out on the campo.

Yes as mentioned above, at Cala Martina, Restaurante Martina is open all year round. A great restaurant, right on the beach just few yards from the sea.

12182739_188289338173861_4372640391850079962_o.jpg

forty fives (what used to be JD's) that, apart from sunday roast on sundays, has this on thursdays...

12239569_979905812055516_1328092272330052592_n.png

mumak too... there's never been that many beach front places in PDB open during the winter!
I love Mumak to (mainly for Sanjay's difficulty into coming to terms with the Playa D'en Bossa clientele 'it is not like Barcelona')

Back